cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading IDoc Metadata fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to load IDoc Metadata within IDX2.

It works fine for several systems/ ports (4.6c) but when I try to load data from a certain system (E.C.C. 6.0) I get an information box that says: "I::000" no matter which IDoc I try to read. It's alway the same mesage even if I try to load data from an IDoc that does not exist in the backend ( like "TEST" for instance).

The rfc connection (SM59) works (connection test), I suspect the user to miss some authorization though. Is that reasonable? Or could it be a "release conflict"? The XI is XI 3.0, Release NW04_20_REL and the backend is E.C.C. 6.0 as mentioned above. The "good "systems are all 4.6c.

Or what else could it be??

Thanks in advance

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karsten,

This is purely an authorization issue.

Go ahead and check the user you generated.

role and profile will be in red. ran the comparison check, reset the password one more time

Thanks

Sebin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sebin!

I'm afraid the basis guys that have created the user don't know much about authorization. And I also have no idea which authorization is needed to read the IDoc metadata...

//Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try giving these Roles to the User

S_BI-WX_RFC and S_BI-WHM_RFC

Regards

Seshagiri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was the rfc connection. Gateway options where missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> So a user in a SM59 connection can be "good enough" for a connection test but may lack some authorization to read IDoc metadata?

Exactly!

There is an additional Authorization Test.

In sm59 try: Utilities --> Test --> Authorization Test

This test must work.

It could happen that a password is changed in capial letters by the system. Maybe this is the reason.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Okay, we're very close.

When I click the "Test connection" button it seems to work but when I choose the menu Test/ Authorization it says "Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)". I wonder if the system tries to use my XI-user or the service user of the r/3 connection.

When I try System/ Utilities/ Display Authorization Check it checks with my own XI user...

Thanks!

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should use the service user ( not marking the checkbox: current user).

And also the client is important (right above the user).

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I choose System/ Utilies/ Display Authorization Check I am directed to SU53. There are no checkboxes at all. And when I open the connection and choose Test/ Authorization there are no checkboxes either. Do you mean the current user box on the Logon/ Security tab of the connection? That one is not checked.

Thanks!

/Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Do you mean the current user box on the Logon/ Security tab of the connection?

Yes and there also have to entered the client.

> That one is not checked

Then the service user should be used.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, thanks so far!

I'm in contact with the basis guys now and they found out that the user was locked. Furthermore they told me the characters of the passwords are always converted to capitals in my XI release -They had given me a password with lower case characters before. Unfortunately the authorization check still doesn't work but we'll solve that problem somehow. Like always...

//Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This : "I::000" Error is purely related to the RFC User Only

Check with the User u have provide in the RFC Destination creation in Xi Towards SAP R/3

Check Whether this User is present in the SAP R/3 or not

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is a very helpful information!

So a user in a SM59 connection can be "good enough" for a connection test but may lack some authorization to read IDoc metadata?

Is there a certain role for reading IDoc metadata or does that depend on the IDoc?

Thanks for your help!

Karsten