Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No route to host" - SDM

CHKNELL
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I' ve a problem with deploying sthg. via NWDS:

30.11.2005 20:20:00 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[006]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : aquin

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOKUME1/TW/LOKALE1/Temp/temp27027Eventmanager.ear

Deployment exception : Server aquin did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server aquin at port 50018: No route to host: connect

Inner exception was :

Server aquin did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server aquin at port 50018: No route to host: connect

I added the host-name "aquin" with correct IP to etc/hosts.

Has anybody got an idea?

BR

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

has you a answer of your oss-message?

Best Regards

Karsten Krause

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

see SAP note 941150

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly. That's the note related to my OSS ticket.

Armin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had a similar problem but I had a local WAS that connected to a SAP systems over the VPN.The WAS wasnt able to connect to the backend SAP system. The problem was that the message server came back with the IP address of the Application host but that IP was local to the network , over the VPN the Application host has a different IP address (assigned by the VPN)).

Is there a port restriction over the VPN , try Erics method that should suggest if access is available.

Regards

Pran

Message was edited by: Pran Bhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Christian,

Check whether your SDM is running or not.

Regards,

Bhavik

CHKNELL
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Bhavik!

Thanks for your answer. The SDM is running, and I' m able to do deployments from other NWDSs.

Any other ideas!

BR

Thomas Wuercher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using NWDS SP14? I have the same problem but only when working from my home office via VPN. I already opened an OSS message but have no solution yet.

Are you trying to deploy through some kind of firewall?

Armin

CHKNELL
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Armin!

I am working with SP14, trying to access the sdm over VPN, which lies behind a firewall, and only meeting the problem when working out of the office.

Do you suggest to downgrade to SP13 or is a solution in sight?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will wait for my OSS message being processed and post the result (hopefully the solution) here. Seems to be the exact same problem than yours.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can either of you see the portal logon page from your VPN connection? If yes, can you telnet to the portal on port 50018? If you can't connect to the portal with the telnet session then you have a firewall issue.