cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page can not be displayed or DNS error ocured

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to run a MI application on my PDA.I have installed all the important .CAB files:

1)pda_runtime_wince

2)db2e

3)pda_jsp_container

4)pda_eswt_container.

Creme4.2 is already installed.

Infact previously atleast the client home-page is getting opened but now while opening it through IE ,its throwing an eror message saying that "page could not be displayed or DNS error occured".

Any help would be really great.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhivyakti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abhivyakti,

Please refer the notes 772334 and 1051370 for the Crème version and check whether it helps you.

And also please check whether the following explanation hels you:

"Once you installed Tomcat addon and before executing os_select.html file, have you restarted your PDA? If not kindly restart the device and then execute the os_select.html file.This should then work fine"

Best Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

Thanx for your reply.

Actually I am not having any tomcat addon kind of thing in my set-up.I am working with Netweaver Client 7.1.

Here we have CrEme , Db2e, runtime_wince.CAB and a container.CAB.

So in that case are the files like you said about os_select.html would come into picture.If yes ,where could I find these files?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhivyakti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a little surprised about the question - you say you are using MI71 - and you ask about the DNS error. this DNS error usually shows up if you areusing MI7.0 and ealrier and enter the Localhost:4444 url in the browser.

I suppose you ask this question cause you get the error while try to sync? If that is the case - do a simple test first please: open the browser on the device and try to access any internal URL - best would be the URL of a WebAS installation. Is that possible? In any case it is helpfull to use the IP of the server instead of the Hostname of the receiving server, cause based on the sync scenario the Hostname is most likely not known - while the IP setting is.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)