cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticate a user inside an web page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a webpage which consists of some fields which the end user will enter and save them after filling up the details.

Before saving the details in the database I need to show a pop up where the user will enter his xMII credentials again. This is just a sort of digital signature which is required as he saves sensitive data.

I used a pop up window which consists of two input boxes username and password. So when he submitted I used Login.jsp?Illumloginname=<name>&Illumloginpassword=<password>

and I took the response whether the login is successful or not.

But the problem here is if User entered a wrong password on popup window , even though he might be a genuine user(as he can enter second time correctly), I am loosing the xMII session.

Is there a way in xMII to recheck the user credentials without loosing the session?

Else Is there a way in xMII to open a window with a new session?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This functionalility exists in the iCommand. Check the help for more information.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

I found it useful, but not in my case. As I need to take some other details along with credentials, this won't suffice(as pop up window is not customizable. Is there any other way to check the credentials validity in xMII?

Regards,

Ravi Kumar.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please provide more details about what you're trying to do.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

User enters a no. of parameters in a form.And after that

he will try saving the data. While saving he need to enter some other data along with credentials in a pop up(All in a single pop up window). If he provided correct credentials, I need to proceed with saving. else I need to prompt same pop up window with a message credentials provided were wrong. And I should n't loose the data he provided for other variables on the pop up window.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Kumar.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Why can't the "other data" be part of the form?

Jamie