cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see BI system in search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have configured BI backend system from CE portal and the connection test is successful. However, after I configured, I logged into VC and cannot find BI system I configured in "Search" drop-down list. I can only see Web service destination and RFC destination. What shall I do to solve it? Did I lose any step? I followed the configuration guide from here "http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/7e/6dbcea3700452195e3bddaa47c5906/frameset.htm".

Best Regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salah,

I did follow two steps you mentioned. However, I still cannot find the new configured BI system.

Best Regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Normally you should see it immediately. Try loging out and then logging in!

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's my steps.

1. log in to NWA and create a RFC Destination, namely "DLB".

ping destination successfully.

2. log in to portal, from system configuration -> system landscape -> portal content, right click on this folder and select system (from template).

3. select "SAP dedicated application server". enter related information.

Application host:10.22.96.186

SAP Client: 800

Authentication method: UIDPW

4. Create system allias: DLB_BW.

5. User mapping from user management

6. Log in to VC.

I can only see "DLB" as RFC destination and can not see "DLB_BW".

could anyone tells me which steps did I do wrong?

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I have never made a connection to BI or any SAP System but a JDBC connection from the portal and did all the necessary steps, even though the test connection did not succeed, I could still see the system in VC.

In your steps, I do miss step 6 of the documentation, did you do this as well, may this is something which is required?

6. Maintain the properties in the following categories:

○ BI/Business Intelligence

■ BI Directory Provider: yes

■ BI Master System: yes

One of the connected BI systems has to be the BI master system. If you are only connecting one BI system, choose Yes. If you are connecting more than one BI system, choose Yes for one system and No for the remaining system.

○ Connector

■ Group: Logon group of back-end system

■ Message Server: Message server of back-end system

■ Remote Host Type: 3

■ SAP Client: Client of back-end system

■ SAP System ID (SID): System ID of back-end system

■ System Type: SAP_BW

You can find the values for the logon group, system ID, and message server from the properties in the SAPGUI logon for the BI back-end system.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Answers (0)