cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver SOAP Adapter Error: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving an idoc into XI and then calls out from XI to a web service. I configured my comm channel as SOAP adapter. But when I am testing the web service call, I got this error message: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML .

I am wondering what could cause that. Any help is highly appreciated.

2005-11-30 10:36:32 Success The message was successfully received by the messaging system. Profile: XI URL: http://fmsap562.fm.intel.com:50000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI

2005-11-30 10:36:32 Success Using connection AFW. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2005-11-30 10:36:32 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2005-11-30 10:36:32 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2005-11-30 10:36:32 Success The message status set to DLNG.

2005-11-30 10:36:32 Success Delivering to channel: LYUAN_SOAP_RECEIVER

2005-11-30 10:36:32 Success SOAP: request message entering the adapter

2005-11-30 10:36:32 Error SOAP: error occured: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

2005-11-30 10:36:32 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

2005-11-30 10:36:32 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor

This means, that the call of the URL delivers an HTML response instead of an XML response.

Usually it is an error page.

Check the URL by typing in your internet browser.

Check user and password and proxy settings.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Thanks for the response. Could you explain more on this?

Did the web service call ever goes out of XI?

Is this the error page that comes back from the web service?

I feel like the call never goes out of XI because SOAP adapter does not know how to handle it. Am I right?

How do I make it to send XML?

Also I thought it should be a request. Why would it be a response?

I checked my URL and everything and did not see anything wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

In ur case, the request is not going out of XI as per ur exception message. ur trying to put the content which is of type TEXT/HTML into the request.u hav 2 ways to resolve this.

1. modify ur webservice to accept also the requests of type HTTP.u can do this while development of the webservice by choosing some option.

2. u hav to wrap the request in a SOAP header which is by default when using SOAP adapter.but in ur case, check whether the option 'Do Not Use SOAP Envelope' is checked under the conversion parameters.

Anil

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Did the web service call ever goes out of XI?

yes.

> Is this the error page that comes back from the web

> service?

Not from the Webservice. It is an HTML response. That means, the Web Service could not be reached. (Like a 404 page)

> I feel like the call never goes out of XI because

> SOAP adapter does not know how to handle it. Am I

> right?

Your log shows, that the call has gone out.

> How do I make it to send XML?

> Also I thought it should be a request. Why would it

> be a response?

An HTTP call consist of a request and a response. If you have an asynchronous call, the response is just a technical OK (HTTP status 200). If you have a synchronous call, the response has to be a SOAP message as well.

> I checked my URL and everything and did not see

> anything wrong.

Did you check it with another tool, like Mindreef or XML Spy?

Regards

Stefan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

I tested the web service using a .Net client and got SOAP errors. So this maybe the root cause? For now I will focus on making the web service call successful outside of XI.

Thanks for the info.

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just encountered this issue and found below reasons:

1. URL is incorrect.

2. URL is perfect but target server is down or unavailable.

3. URL is correct, Server is up..but there is a firewall problem/a network problem.

Hope it may help others.

Regards,

Farooq

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, we should first confirm these things....normally it is suggested that include a module in the receiver channel and then change the content type....but in many cases I have seen that even after including the module the error remains.

Thanks for the updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephan,

When type the URL in the browser, I was prompted with login popup. After I typed in login ID/password, I got to the web service page.

I did put the login info in my communication channel. I also put in SOAP action. Is this the right way?

thanks

Linda

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

if you do not find the problem, then you should use an HTTP sniffer, to see, what exactly comes back. In the HTML page should be some information bout the error.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

Thanks for your 2 suggestions.

1. Using HTTP. The web service also accepts http calles.

But how do I config http adapters in XI?

Addressing Type = URL Address?

Target Host = web service host name?

Service Numer = ???

Path = ???

2. About SOAP header: I tried both. When 'Do Not Use SOAP Envelope' is unchecked, I got error like 'invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML'. When I checked it, it went further and SOAP adapter did not complain. But then I got the error from Integration engine - 'NO_BACK_SYSTEM_IN_HOPLIST'.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Linda

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

a Web service is based on HTTP. Most connections between systems are bases on HTTP.

Therefore a SOAP call has no special error codes, it takes the HTTP error codes, which you know from a Web Browser.

200 = OK, 401 = not allowed 404 = not found, 500 = internal error.

Usually the SOAP response is in XML format and the error code is part of this structure. But when the URL is wrong or you have a wrong user, then the response is in HTML response, as it is not send by the Web Service (which is not reached).

What happens, if you write the Target URL direct to your Web browser?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Linda,

The content-type of the webservice response should be TEXT/XML. You are getting the type TEXT/HTML probably because the call is not reaching the webservice.

If you have a http proxy setting in the receiver adapter check whether it is correct and whether the user has authorization.

- Kannan