cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of define object links tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Costomizing "define object links" screen, what is the purpose of additional object tab? Kindly explain me with example.Please donot give links help.sap.com, I have gone through it but it is not clear to me.

Thank you,

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seema,

with this you can set another object linked to the document such that

there is link between the two objects

example if you are having Material as the object link to the document

and if you maintain Purchase Order as Additional Object then when you are linking a DIR to the material you can also link that material to the

Purchase order.

ciao

Aravinda

PS:Rewards points if your question is answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravinda,

Thanks for your fast responce,considering your example till DIR linking to Material it is clear to me and I can view practicaly also, but how can i view the linking of material to the Purchase order? If you elaborate little how to find it in practical scenario, it will be benificial to me.

Thank you,

Regards,

Seema pilankar

Edited by: Seema Pilankar on May 14, 2008 3:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi seema,

go to me23, for purachase order.

when you link dms to material master, additonal object as purachase order,

then link between material and purchase also maintianed there.

dms link to material

dms link to purchase order by additional object.

so link between material and purchase order get established.

regards,

nitin

award point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

In Customization DC10 I have selected MARA (object) and KEPO(additional object).

I got that this way link between material and purchase order get established. But my quesion is why not it is appearing if I select CV02n in that OBJECT LINKs tab only can view MM tab?

Will u please cleare this to me.

Thanks

Regards,

Seema Pilankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi seema,

Plz check whether u checked additional functionas tab or not, if not plz check that, once u check that, u get values tab in CV02n in Materail master tab in object link.for example if u have maintained LFA1(Vendor master) as additional object in MARA object, then as soon u enter material master in object link tab, u get Values tab. Select materal master no and click on Values tab, system will allow u to enter even vendor master record. In this way u can link Material master to vendor master.

Regards

Sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi seema,

your main object is material master not the kepo and also your screen no which is there for display , gives the number correspond to the main object i.e., material master nor kepo.

so kepo is the additonal object iwth no screen no.

thanks

regards,

nitin

award point if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sham,

Which value Tab you r talking about? I didn't find any Tab by name Values tab, I have entered material in material master next what to be done?

Thanks,

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While defining objectlink for Document type for MARA, enter additional object as LFA1 and check additional function check box.Whenever u enter material master in object link while creating DIR, additionaly u get Values tab( Just like Arrow mark symbol) along with std buttons of ADD, delete, sort.Now select material master entered in object link and click on Values button, system will open selection screen to select vendor master. once u enter vendor master, system will show u both material master and vendor master number in material master object link tab only just like

Material Description vendor

100 BallValve 150

Reward points if useful

Regards

Sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sham,

Thank you!

You have answered my quesion.

Continuation with this I was trying for additional object like KEPO(purchase orde), MARC(Plant material) etc.

I have made the changes in customization as per requirement and working on CV02n I am getting error massage :

"Field is not defined in the ABAP dictionary" Have u come accross this?

for other additional object like LFA1(vendor), KNA1(customer) it is working fine.

Thanks a lot if u have solution for this please let me know.

Regards,

Seema Pilankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi seema,

Hi have checked that, even i am getting same error. I dont think its functional error, the table entry is missing for PO in Abap dictionary. I think v need to solve it with help of abaper by debugging.For reference plz check below link

reward Points if useful

Regards

Sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think this is an error... or you need to rectify this with an ABAPER or so...

What Aravinda A Hegde has replied earlier is absolutely correct and needs to be given good points..

I have tried to explain the same with another example of Vendor > material relation...

This is basically the relation between ABAP Fields in business scenarion..

e.g. say...

a material XYZ can be procured from two vendors, Vendor 1000 and Vendor 1100 (relation is N to N like a material can be procured from in N vendors and a vendors can supply N materials)

In this case (MARA) to exactly figure out which material (Vendor A or B field LFA1) this document belongs, you use additional object.

For this

In your case of PO>> PO already has all information which is required like PO has Material Number.. it has vendor master it has quantity and plant as well...

Also it can have storage location...

I hope Im clear on this...

If you find alternate solution, correct me..

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps !!!

Award points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi seema,

try in other way, assign MARA as aditional object in EKPO, it will work fine.

Regards

Sham

Answers (0)