cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameters via POST using WebDynpro ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to pass parameters between two web dynpro applications of length bigger than the limit that HTTP GET method allows.

I'm thinking to use HTTP POST method or HTTP Session to share data.

Anybody knows if web dynpro provides a way to handle this?

Thanks in advance,

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

As far as I understand your scenario, these are not a startup application parameters, but rather some shared state (if you plan to use HTTP Session). Correct me if I'm wrong.

For this case consider using "transient attributes" of currently logged IUser.

VS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,Maksim

Thanks a lot for your time. It seems to be complex.

I'll try to find another solution for parameters.

Best Regards,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

thank you for the information.

Respect to the "start up" parameters my question is how to pass parameters between to web dynpro applications using POST.

Regards,

Diego.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

After some investigation I got some results: if I`m trying to call WD application first time through POST method I`m getting 302 code wich is redirect to http://localhost:50000/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tcwddispwda/global/noclient.htm

So, seems like it is not possible to pass initial parameters to WD application.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maksim, Diego

To be exact -- you have to emulate complete WD "application session initiation" protocol. That assumes some mandatory "handshaking" part (identifying yourself as valid WD client and [optional] authenticating). Quite complex task for data sharing requirements (taking on account that protocol is not well documented).

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

I didn't explain my scenario clearly.

I have two portal iViews, in one of them I'll be loading different web dynpro applications at runtime.

I have to send them start up parameters but the size of these parameters exceeds "HTTP Get Method" limit.

could you please tell me more about "transient attributes" of currently logged IUser (how to use them)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Diego.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

From where are you getting startup parameters initialy? Or are they hardcoded?

More information about "transient attributes" https://media.sdn.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/SP9/ume/com/sap/security/api/IUser.html (methods getTransientAttribute and setTransientAttribute). The main feature of transient attributes is non-persistance. They are not stored.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.