cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one insp. types for a material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

If two insection types are assigned for a material e.g, for a raw material insp. types 1 and 5 have been assigned.then please guide me from where this material will pick characteristic separately for each.

Following steps i have taken already.

i-maintained material specs for insp. type 1 and insp. plan for insp. type 05.so for type 1 it will pich characterstics from material specs and for insp. type 05,it 'll pick from insp. plan.is it right way.or any better suggestion somonecan give.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign both inspection types 1 and 5 for a raw material.

When Goods Reciept happens by Purchase order, inspection lot with number 1000.....( 16 digit no.) will be created (inspection type 1).

When Goods Reciept happens by other means, inspection lot with 5000.....( 16 digit no.) will be created (inspection type 5).

Inspections are created at time of Good Reciept in different scenarios.

Hope it is clear.

Srini

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, you can create two separate plans if you need/wish to. The plans are assigned a usage in the header. In config, each inspection type is assignned a particular usage. So each inspection type can have their own usage and hence their own plans. Typcially, usages are shared by some inspection types where it makes sense for more then one inspection type to be inspected the same way. For instance, the 89 inspection type and 04 inspection type might be assigned the same usage and thus would share the same plans.

But as you described your setup, it should work fine.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig

Well,thanks alot for reply but please guide me how can i make two insp. plans for the same material.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simpy use QP01 like you would normally. If you want to include the material number and plant on the first screen you can. In the header, select the appropriate task list usage for the inspection type.

You should review in SPRO which usages are assigned to which inspection types. You may need to change or modify them from what SAP delivers.

From 6.0

Task list

Usage Short text Assigned insp. types

1 Production

2 Engineering/design

3 Universal 04, 89

4 Plant maintenance

5 Goods receipt 01, 05, 07, 08

51 Goods receipt model

53 GR external process.

6 Goods issue 02, 10, 11,12

7 Returns 06

9 Material check 09, 15, 16, 17

99 Production Rework

You can change these in SPRO under "Maintain inspection types". You can also add and create your own usages under the "General" section of "Quality Planning" in SPRO.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the steps which you mentioned below will work,make sure you tick only the appropriate ones like tick only material specs for insp. type 1 & inspc with task list for type 5

Regards,

SVP

mallikharjunrao_thota
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What you ahve done is absolutely corerct .

Regards,

Mallikharjun.