cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport routes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm a BW consultant and would like to know if it's at all possible to transport objects from 'n production system to a development system. I' don't want to make any changes in production but would like to have the production version of the object in DEV.

What is the process that I would need to follow if this is possible? Our basis team can't assist with answers.

Thanks and regards,

Natalie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel Scott given the correct guide line.

Open the production client from scc4. (you can ask your BASIS people to Open the client for changes)

Go to SE09, create New request of type "Transport of Copies".

Set the Target system to DEV.

Include all the object whatever you want to transport from PRD to DEV and release it.

Close the Production client back.

Give the Request number to your BASIS team and ask them to import it in DEV by adding it to the DEV Queue

Regards,

N.Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalie Bruinders,

To cretae a CR in production system follow below proceduer.

1. go to scc4

2. select client and go to change mode and change with below values.

before doing below tasks note down current values and follow the procedure.

a) Automatic recording of changes

b) changes to repository and cross-client customization

c) protection level 0 : no restriction

3. then you can create a change request and release it and copy cofiles and data files to development system and import.

Note: don't perform above with out informing to company and Basis consultant.

Once you done with change to old values.

Thanks,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If possible check the transport request of the object in Production and reimport it in Development.

It depends on object you are trying to re-import, most of the BW objects are dynamically generated once.

Good Luck

Nag Anthati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most SAP Customers have their Production instance locked against the creation of Transport Request (this is a SAP Best Practice). However, it is a simple matter to temporarily allow transports to be created, and any competent Basis Administrator should be able to do this for you, provided the company allows this. Once local Transport Requests are enabled, you can save the object in a TR, and release it. Note that this will create the cofile and datafile in the /usr/sap/trans directory. Your Basis Administrator can then attach this TR to the queue of your Development system and import it.

Do not forget to lock down the Production instance, again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Natalie:

I don't think that you can transfer the object from PRD system to DEV system by the change request.

It because you can not create the tranportable request(only local request can be created) in the PRD system recording the transport route.

Normally, you can ask your basis member to do the remote client copy from PRD to DEV... for all objects.

Hope it helpful for you.

Regards,

Randy

Edited by: Randy Qin on May 14, 2008 6:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it then possible to create "Transport of copies" on local change requests?