cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webpages in xMII 12.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In xMII 11.5 webpages were saved in folder inetpub .....in 12.0 where are the html pages saved .

From all the guides i could understand that on import or migration from xMII 11.5 to 12.0 it will be taken care by Netweaver AS to put them in the respective folders but there are some constraints on importing the file with underscore as they are supported within IIS but suppose i rename these files then where should I save the files to work with xMII 12.0.

To be more precise how should i work with webpages in xMII 12.0

Best Regards

Namita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Namita,

You can also create and edit your HTML pages directly into workbenth. With the project set up go to the Web tab and clicking on the folder you want, with the right button you can create a new HTML file. To edit an existing HTML file you should find it in the Web tab and make a double click on the desired file the editor appear to the left of the screen.

Greetings,

Marcelo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can we view from IE like xmii 11.5 we used url

http://<server name>/Illuminator/PortalLogin.jsp?target=/Illuminator/Development/abc.htm&IllumLoginName=&IllumLoginPassword=

what are the changes in this url

Regards

Namita

Former Member
jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PortalLogin.jsp has gone away with NW UME. All web pages will redirect to the login page when a user is not authenticated and then target back to the requested URL upon valid credentials (similar to the way an irpt or jsp file would do in 11.5).

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Can you elaborate more .Still couldnt feel comfortable with the url's of html and irpt in MII 12.0

Regards

Namita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prasanna_vittal
Participant
0 Kudos

Namita,

After you create your web page using some HTML editor,

you have two options:

1) Using Publish assistant tool which comes with xMII productivity wizards (which you can find in SDN downloads), you have publish your page in the desired location.

2) You can create a new project->new file under "Web" tab in xMII workbench and directly copy-paste your html code into that file.

Hope this helps,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasanna

I could not understand your first point ...I saw some of the xmii wizard files bur how importing them will help .It comes directly with xMII workbench ..xMII wizrd install

with second point if i paste my html file there then where could i edit the html pages.

suppose i edit them in microsft frontpage save then again shall i paste new editted file

can you please elaborate more on the sdn available wizard files and xmii 12.0 webpages

Thanks in advance

Regards

Namita

prasanna_vittal
Participant
0 Kudos

Namita,

If you have the "xMII wizards" from the workbench, then install it. Then go to start->Programs->SAP xMII->Productivity Wizards->Publish Assistant.On the left pane, you have to browse to the location where you have saved your page. On the right, create a new project and the folder where you want to publish the page and click on "publish file". When you open the workbench, you can see your page under that project under Web tab.

You can edit your page there itself or copy from your html editor and overwrite it again.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

How can i install wizards externally if it is not present in workbench and can we see MII 12.0 from start menu like we could see in 11.5

please confirm this if you had venture with MII 12.0

Best Regards

Namita

prasanna_vittal
Participant
0 Kudos

Namita,

You can find xMII productivity wizards under SDN->Downloads->free download catalogs->

for Manufacturing->xMII 12.0 sample projects and tools. After you install it, you can see it in start menu.

Regards,

Prasanna