cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Designer on wd

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to create an adobe form using the new adobe designer control present in was 640; I builded the form, linking it with my context, and following the sample which is given in the Help, but when I deploy it this is the error:

<b>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Path to object does not exist at : sap.com

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.doSoapCall(PDFObject.java:187)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.createPDF(PDFObject.java:137)</b>

What does it means?

Best Regards

ED

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rakesh_doshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ed,

Do you know if Adobe Document Service is supported on WebLogic or not?

regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just some clarification... The joint product between SAP and Adobe is called "Interactive Forms based on Adobe software". Two major components of that solution are from Adobe: The Adobe Designer (design time client) and the Adobe document services (runtime components in Web AS). This integrated solution is only available with Web AS 6.40.

Adobe also sells a range of standalone Document Services as part of the Adobe LiveCycle family (http://www.adobe.com/products/server/main.html) which run on IBM WebSphere and JBOSS (WebLogic is planned).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

my understanding is that an extra install step for the runtime is required using the WebAS 6.40 Java DVD from RampUp. I found an installation and a configuration manual as well.

I think there should be a com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core package after installation, right ?

Sadly, sapinst stops dead during SDA deployment on both of my machines.

Please give us a description of the steps to do.

with highest regards to Adobe

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Walter,

I just saw this question... (since the thread became live again)... Unfortunately I cannot answer it

Do you still have the problem or were you able to fix it.

In general I would recommend everyone using Interactive Forms in ramp-up to upgrade to the Web AS 6.40 in NetWeaver 04 Stack 4, which becomes available next week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we're working on SAP WebAS 640 on ramp-up. So, we should be able to use the AD, shouldn't we?

Regards

ED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ED,

in that case you should be able, i guess, and use an OSS message (additionaly) for reporting this.

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ed,

could you please contact me directly at mzeller@adobe.com. I am interested what ramp-up project you are working on.

Cheers

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is important to note that the Adobe document services are not part of the current Web AS 6.40 sneak preview download. We are working on that and hope to have it available with the next Web AS 6.40 trial version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ED,

this is the typical error text, when a JNDI lookup has failed. Are you sure, you have the necessary services available to use Interactive Forms? Which WebAS version are you using?

Best regards

Stefan