cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often should the Archiving and deletion jobs run?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every night?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey depends upon the requirement ..in my casefor R3 we do for weekly and for XI for monthly...

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

To keep down the archive file size and job running time, is it good to run the jobs every night, and set the retention periods so you have the messages for so long as needed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every night?

It's not like that , it depends on the database full and to over come that & inorder to make the DB as free, we will do these works

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the use of Archiving and deletion jobs ?does it effect on the load of xi server?could any one expalin it?

Regards,

rao

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Its not a good idea to do everynight as if user want to check the job details and spools we have to maintian certain period ..it all depends on the requirement.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shouldnt the jobs run regulary to keep the DB in a healthy status?

And if the jobs run every night, with retention period set to 14 days, it will archive small amounts of messages every night and run smooth, instead of prosessing a lot of messages every 14 days..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah, this also you can do it, but Old data will be vanished from the database if we do like this.

As i told you early, this all depends on the requirement , this is not that much problamatic one

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rune,

We can say YES, if it is Application data (Logs, Spool List or IDOC) after initial implementation we have to schedule archiving jobs to maintain both archiving strategies/policies and database growth.

Please let me know if you are concern for specific archiving objects?

Regards,

Rajnish

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is regarding archiving of XML-messages on the XI system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, XI messages can be archive daily.