cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving DCs from one NWDI server to other NWDI Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The scenario is like, we have a current NWDI at place which is on SP9, and we have performed all the transport from DEV to PRD with the help of this NWDI, Now we are plannig to move this to another NWDI SP14, so there would be an impact. But is there any process by means of which i can copy the DCs tracks into the new NWDI server? Or i have to create new DCs altogether in new NWDI?

Please help.

Regards,

Ameya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ameya,

I guess u can get SC files for each track and import them in other system.

Ashutosh

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

I agree with Ashutosh. You should first define the SCs on your new SLD again (at least if you defined your own SCs before), being careful to use the exact same vendor, name and version. Second, on the new NWDI you should configure the tracks, using the same SC dependencies as before, in CMS. Then copy the necessary SCA files from the old NWDI('s archives directory) to the inbox directory of the new NWDI server. In the new tracks you can check-in the SCAs and finally import them in the development import queue.

BTW, you probably want to disconnect your runtime systems from the old tracks and connect them to the new tracks before doing an import (and a complete build of ESS) on the new tracks.

Kind regards,

/Sigiswald

Answers (0)