cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to Multiple flat files using ABAP Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the complicated scenario of the post title. I have all the data mixed in a source RFC and then I have to generate 10 different flat files with the data of incoming RFC. I need to use ABAP Mapping because the mapping is very complicated and in the abap class I read more data from the XI server that I need to generate the 10 files too.

Now my question is the next: How can I generate the 10 files? (I have all the data prepared in the ABAP Mapping).

I see in the integration builder, when you create an Interface Mapping you can enter multiple target interfaces, but that's useless because then there is only one target Message Type under....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

In case of ABAP mapping also the source and target messages will have <Messages>, <Message1> tags. You need to handle them in the source and also generate the same in target files. Follow the blog for multi mapping with out BPM. The only step that changes here will be you add ABAP mapping in the interface mapping.

If you have done this part correct you should get the different target messages.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

programatically you will have to implement the multimapping since u r using abap mapping.

Source[1Message] =>Target['N' Messages]

In your case the target message type is only 1 so change it's occurance in the interface mapping.

Struct will be <Messages><Message1>..

chk this

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

rgds,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

programatically you will have to implement the multimapping since u r using abap mapping.

Source1Message =>Target'N' Messages

But I don't see how can I tell to the ABAP mapping that I have N target messages.

The multimappings that I found in SDN are about Message Mapping multimapping not ABAP Mapping