cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Sales orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

If i keep on deleting sales order in production will it effect any thing?

Cheers,

Sumith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a SD Consultant , I will say nothing will happen.If u ask with BASIS consultant,he will be explain in his way i.e effect of memory utilisation.

Raghu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are some issues while you delete a sales order in the production system. As you are aware, you can delete a sales order only when there are no subsequent documents exists or has been reversed.

When you delete a sales order, the number will be lost. Thye system will not recreate a sales order with the same number. During the time of yearly Audit, they may raise this issue.

If you have CRM system, what ever the deletion you are doing in the R/3 system, it will get updated in CRM also. So in the case of mass deletion, the inbound queue will get increased in CRM. It may affect the system performance.

If possible, reject the orders with an appropriate reason for rejection.

Prase

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sumith

I dont think this questionn is a real time scenario :-). Anyway as long as there is subsequent document to sale order, you cannot delete a sale order. If there is no subsequent document, you can delete and it will not have any impact.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Its not suggestable to delete data in Production system, It will effect the other business transactions.

Regards

Sasikanth.Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can delete the sales orders provide you have the reasons for the deletion. During audit, you will be questioned as to why certain order numbers are missing from the particular number range.

Regards

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will not affect anything. But be sure of the sales document numbers you have to delete. Deleted documents cannot be recovered once again.

However it is better to select a non-business time (after 6pm?) to do these kind of operations.

Hope thsi helps

You can reward if this helps.