cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping without namespaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo all!

I am using a web service framework which creates WSDL files for each web service method I am using. From that WSDl file the XI-mapping tool expects the elements of the XML message which I want to transform to be namespace-qualified. My problem is that the child elements of the root element in the messages send from my web service are NOT namespace-qualified.

How can I make the XI mapping tool to ommit any checks for namespaces? Right now I can not use the mapping tool at all and I am thinking of using XSL which is more flexible here.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Denis

Message was edited by: Denis Schlesinger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denis,

Normally Message Mapping can handle this kind of problems. If your wsdl has been developped according to w3c.org specifications, Message Mapping will add/remove namespaces according to your wsdl.

Best regards

Joachim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

the question whether child elements have to be namespace qualified or not, is specified in the XSD description of the message (in case of WSDL this XSD description can be found in the types-section of that WSDL). XSD knows several possibilities to provide this information. The most commonly used one is the usage of the attribute <i>elementFormDefault</i> which may have values <i>qualified</i> and <i>unqualified</i>. The second value is default. As the Mapping Tool expects namespace-qualified child elements I assume that the XSD contains <i>elementFormDefault="qualified"</i>. When the message you get contains unqualified elements this means, that it is not compliant with the WSDL.

Therefore you should negotiate with the sender of the message either to adapt the WSDL or to adapt the web service such that they fit together.

Greetings

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo all,

I managed to change the web service accordingly so that it generates a "better" WSDL. Now the mapping works.

Thanks!

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Denis,

Inorder to avoid namespace problems,you use external definitions for the message types in mapping. this will solve your problem.