cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMX from within an iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got problems using JMX from within an iView. I try to connect to the local MBeanServer using the following code:

[code]

public void doProcessBeforeOutput() throws PageException {

Form myForm = this.getForm();

// Get connection to MBeanServer

InitialContext ctx;

try {

ctx = new InitialContext();

Object objref = ctx.lookup("jmx");

MBeanServer conn = (MBeanServer)objref;

} catch (NamingException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

[/code]

The lookup returns an object of type "com.sap.pj.jmx.server.interceptor.MBeanServerInterceptorChain" which should implement

the Interface "MBeanServer". Anyhow I get the following error while trying to cast the returned object to type MBeanServer:

[code]

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.handlePortalComponentException(PortalRequestManager.java:969)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:343)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:136)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.async.AsyncIncludeRunnable$1$DoDispatchRequest.run(AsyncIncludeRunnable.java:377)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.async.AsyncIncludeRunnable.run(AsyncIncludeRunnable.java:390)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.async.ThreadContextRunnable.run(ThreadContextRunnable.java:164)

at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:729)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/management/MBeanServer

at com.top_logic.sap.JMXTestiView$JMXTestiViewDynPage.doProcessBeforeOutput(JMXTestiView.java:46)

at com.sapportals.htmlb.page.PageProcessor.handleRequest(PageProcessor.java:123)

at com.sapportals.portal.htmlb.page.PageProcessorComponent.doContent(PageProcessorComponent.java:134)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.serviceDeprecated(AbstractPortalComponent.java:209)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.service(AbstractPortalComponent.java:114)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:328)

... 7 more

[/code]

I set the "tc/jmx"-library as "Additional Library" using the Right-Mouse-Click-Context-Menu on the Project Node in Netweaver

Developer Studio...

What else needs to be done to get jmx working in an iView-Environment?

Thanks in advance

Thorsten Wittmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

Did you specify sharing reference to jmx service? Check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/88/bdfc3f48ecc742e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Maksim,

when specifying a sharing reference like

SAPJ2EE::library:tc/jmx

in the portalapp.xml-File, the server-lookup is working.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Answers (0)