cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC's assigned Inspection plan / routing - Difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

wat is the difference between creating an inspection plan seperately & assigning the MIC'S in routing of a particula material,

Thanx & regds

sandya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to understand ur question, i think u have know about Inspectiosn, Routings, MICs, Inspection characteristics.

Feel free to call and get clarified on 09880644496

with regards,

shridhar.d

0 Kudos

Hello Sandya,

if I understand your question correctly you are asking why use MICs if I can define the same in the inspection plan.

Well if you define the characteristic only in the plan then it is only valid for that plan.

If I use a MIC, then I have the advantage that this can be reused in various Plans or I can assign it to a material as material specification. If I create a MIC as a copy model I have the advantage that in various plans I can alter the desired value range.

i.e. Length, depth and hight are defined as a MIC with copy model set

in plan A the values are 11, 12, 10

in plan B the values are 110, 22, 15

As you can see if you were to create the entire values in each inspection plan this would be more time consuming than reusing the standard settings of the MICs

I hope that this answers your question.

Regards,

Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The purpose of Inspection plan is mention where & what to check in the entire line of business or part thereof. The MIC are specific to material or operations and can be allocated duing production. Also we can include these MIC in inspection plan.

Hope this is clear and please reward.

Nanduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls come back if you have further query,else reward points n close the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandya,

MIC's are required for both inprocess inspection(through routing) & Final inspection

For inprocess inspection(03) there is no need to create a separate inspection plan & MIC's are attached to the operations in the production routing

For final inspection(04),you need to create a separate inspection plan(QP01) & here again the MIC's are attached to the operations

Hope the above address your query

Reward points if useful

Regards,

SVP