cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to 2 different IDOCs mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on the single file (containing 3 parts) mapping to 2 basic Idocs, by the following conditions need to trigger two idocs from XI .

1)Based on the condition file (part-1 field) transaction_ID =20 0r 30 then have to execute the entire mapping.

2)If the order_no field is coming from the File(part -1) then need to map file part-2 field to one basic idoc else file part-1 and part-2 field to map the same basic idoc.

3)File part-2 fields not equal to file part -3 fields then need to map the part-3 fields to another basic idoc.

In all the conditions mapping of file and IDOCS are direct (1-1) mapping.

Thanks,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

If my interpretation is correct, you would need two trigger two target messages from a single source message based on the conditions you've stated. You can use 1:n mapping, this can be done by declaring two external messages as your target messages in one message mapping. Then you can use node functions (if-else) or udf's to trigger these idocs. You still have to make sure that the occurrences for the IDOCs are 0..1 or 0..unbounded, the udf's or node functions (whichever you will be using) will take care of the problem of triggering IDOC1 or IDOC 2. You will also need to use enhanced receiver determination here. Please reward points if helpful.

Thanks

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi praveen,

First prepare the messsage mapping according to ur requirement.

i hope that, u need to prepare the 3 message mappings .

3MM-then 3IM to be preapre.

put the condititions at Interface determination step.

to trigger corresponding interface mapping.

regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)u need to create separate receiver communication channels,receiver agreement if u have different business systems(each with correct logical name of R/3)

2)if you dont have seperate business systems

Check the Section "Configured Receivers", you can add as many receivers as you wish, based on the condition you specify, your message will be routed to the appropriate receiver

reward points if solution found helpfull

regards

chandrakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello chandrakanth,

My question is regarding mapping, how to trigger two different basic IDOCS based on conditions mentioned.

@ Mahesh,

Xi getting only single file(with 3 parts) based on conditions need to trigger two Idocs.

Thanks,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow the below steps....

1)create 2 message and interface mappings with 2 different target IDOCS.

2)Specify the condition in interface determination.

Select your Inbound interface(ie IDOC) basing on the condition specified above.

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

File may be single,based on conditions differenet interface mapping programs will execute.

configure three interface determinations and three receiver agreements..

regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sekhar,

In my scenario sender File(divided into 3 parts) and receiver 2 basic IDOCS

I am having the conditions,

1) file field Trans_id(part-1 field) = 20 or 30 then only entire mapping required to transfer the file fields into SAP.(total scenario required)

a)In that po_no( part-2 field) is coming from file then need to map part-2 fields of file to one idoc.

else need to map (file part1 and 2) fields to same IDOC-A

b)If all the fields of part-2 and part-3 equal then part-1 and part-2 fields to one IDOC-A and Part-3 fields to another IDOC-B.

which mapping is suggested to achive the requirement and procedure.

Thanks,

Praveen.