Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping of Phrases in EH&S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EH&S Experts,

I am the beginer for EH&S.

I have some phrases which has been retired and combined with some other corresponding phrases.But it is not updated in the system.I mean to say, it is not displaying the system and it is not available for the use.how to resolve this problem? How to remap the phrases? Please help me out to get out of this problem.

Thanks and best regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi praveen,

You need to create phrases; then you need to match up with the materdata..use Tcode CGCZ to appear the phrases which you have edited.

Let me know if you still have problem

Regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi keshav,

thank you very much.

Please tell me what are the Tcodes for creating the phrases, and retiring the phrases & combining with new phrases.

how to confirm that the phrase been retired and combined with new phrase.

how to display the new retired and combine with phrases?

I checked out Tcode CGCZ , What all are the boxes to be chencked in the match up master data?Is it all?

Please do the needful

Thanks and best regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Yeah, you need to tick the matchup value assignments and charecteristics; only if you have already created phrases using CG12; can you tell me what exactly retire of phrases?? generally phrases are to be assigned to phrase sets by CGAB; and the basics for Phrases are as follows

A phrase library defines phrase assignment and origin.

You can only use phrases from the active phrase library for value assignment. The SAP system enables you to import purchased or company-specific phrase libraries into the SAP system, and to merge them with the active phrase library.

In the standard system, the back-up phrase library is delivered in which the SAP system stores deleted phrases from the active phrase library.

· A phrase group is specified for each library so that phrases can be classified more precisely. Each phrase belongs to exactly one phrase group.

· Regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi keshav,

Thank you very much.

What i understand regarding Retiring and combining is , Consider i have some phrase which i do not want to use and and i want to combine this phrase with the same type of other existing phrase.In cg12 T code-->Extras , there is a option for combine.If we do so, after combining, in phrase header screen it will show the original phrase and reference phrase.

Now I want to know, how to retire the phrase? is it like deleting the phrase? anything like re mapping? Is there any option for remapping ?

I just tried to explain you the scenario , I hope u understand the scenario.you might be knowing some different methods to handle this type of scenario.Please explain me.

Thanks and best regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

you can merge the phrases of active library with passive library phrases only; that means when you want to use the phrases that are already ther in passive library, then you can go to reference and then you need to specify the Phrase library, phr grp and then the phrase. once you do that the existing phrase would me merged as passive library phrase; there is nothing like deleting the phrase at all; because you are creating new phrase, that means new phrase code would be generated for this merged phrase.

hope it clarified ur query

regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi keshav,

I completely agree about merge is concerned. But above the merge option there is one option called combine. what is the use of that? I know my queation is full of confusion. even i am confused!! I am completely fresher for this module.

I think it is possible to combine 2 phrases.for that we are using combine option.

Please tell me how to assign phrases to specification? so that i can clear my question next time.

Please do the needful

Thanks and best regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

if you combine, those phrases will go and sit in a backup library, i dont think its useful for beginners..Pls go through the documentation first then if you find any problem then you post; pls note that this forum is for realtime problems, not for learning point of view; for your reference use this link to go through ur other specific doubt

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/eda0f591ec12408b25e7a1b369ca45/frameset.htm

Regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi keshav,

Thank you very much.

Thanks and best regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can give award me with points if its useful