cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i have one customer assigned to several divisions....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sap gurus,

good morning to all,

my client requriment is

he is having different stockists with different names in different locations but the all owner businesses

is same and he is purchasing from different divisions and he is supplied through more than one

distribution channel.

and payment is also like that.

for eg: the total no. of bills he had with the company is around 15.

he is having an outstanding of 5,00,000 with our client this is an outcome of all the

businessess he paid 2,00,000.

on FIFO basis the bills should be get nullified.

what is the treatment for this is R/3.

with out using the concept called

common distribution channels

and

common divisions.

pls help me on this.

regards,

balaji.t

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

you have been bringing up quite interesting scenarios. Thanks for it.

One way i can see is create one sold to party and assign the rest of all his businesses as ship to party. with this you can billl and collect under one name whereas shipping is happening to different places as suggested at the time of order entry. You can always change the address of a ship to party at the order level. so shipping takes place to the correct location.

This is half of the issue resolved. But since this customer is buying products that belong different divisions, this is at the material level we cannot do much. In the sense, we create customer in one sales area, so one division in it. We need to have a common division which refers to the rest of the divisions so that he can buy it. This a best practice and very commonly used functionality.

regards

sadhu kishore