cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance payment against Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP consultants,

A customer pays multiple advances against a sales order.

The advances can be in different modes of payments (credit cards, cash , Check etc).

The requirement is that,

1. These advances should be captured in Sales order, the document should show the flow of advances as well (Sale order document flow).

2. Modes of payment should be captured

3. FI document should be created and cleared

4. Net order value of the sales order should be reduced as and when advance recieved.

5. Pls note that there is no fixed amount that should be paid by the customer (No billing plan)

Thanks again.

Suitable answer willl be rewarded with good points.

Reagrds,

Sandeep Kulkarni.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

In SD, we have the functionality of downpayments.

Here when sales order is created, particular part of the money is paid in advance.

Simultaneously, there will a posting creating manually in FI side for this money in some Special Purpose GL accounts ( indicating this sales order) meant for downpayment purpose and it is not posted as revenue.

Like this there will be various such advance payments.

Once the materials are delivered and invoiced, the advance payments will be converted into Revenue in Finance towards this sales order.

You can ask somebody about this downpayments and make your own customisation to suit to ur reqmt of showing the payments made and the payment mode in saels order itself.

You can check this link to know the process and the configuration better

http://help.sap.com/bp_blv1600/V5600/BL_DE/html/index.htm

Here click teh link "Sales order processing with Customer downpayment" and then read the entire stuff

Hope this helps.

You can reward if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Navaneetha,

Regarding the process:

1. The process is too lenghty

2. For closing the sales order (i.e final invoice) I have to create it again as a down payment request

3. The billing amount when i enter , It calculates the precentage - Which is not the actual case.

4. The billing percentage allows more than 100%

5. The FI process (clearing) is also very lenghty.

I was just thinking can the above points minimized?

Regards,

Sandeep.