Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Button with Adobe

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Button in UI element now i need to link the same button with in the Adobe designer. That means same properties should work there.

What's the procedure?

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> I have a Button in UI element now i need to link the same button with in the Adobe designer. That means same properties should work there.

> What's the procedure?

What do you mean the same properties should work there? You can't really bind UI elements together. You can only bind WD and Adobe UI elements to the same context nodes. So for instance if you want to make sure the same text is displayed on two different buttons - one in WD and one in Adobe Forms, you would create one context node atttribute to hold that text. You would then use that as the binding for the text property of both buttons. However you would still have to define the button manually in both places and you would have to set the text property. There is no automatic connection between UI elements in the two environements.

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much,

I will explain my requirement:

I created 3 views:

1. Container 2. Main And 3. Start.

In Start have 2 elements 1. Button and 2. Interactive form.

In Main has a Table (calling from Button).

In Container has viewContainerUIElement

After embeded done I am able to call Button in a screen and if i click on this button the table come up.

Now I called existing PDF file in start view, now the same button I wated to use in this PDF, How to include the same button(same futures i need).

I hope you got my point.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I have to admit that I am still not completely understanding what you want to do. Do you just want the forms button to trigger the same activity as the WD button? If so, that is quite simple. You just need to take the logic from the WD button and put it in its own reusable method - likely in the component controller so that it is easy to access from any view. Then you can call this method from the onAction event handler of both the WD Button and the Interactive Forms onSubmit.

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Do you just want the forms button to trigger the same activity as the WD button?

Yes, Exactly the same..

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

OK then. Just hook the two action event handlers to the same method call. Does that solve your problem?

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply, As you said this is very simple and successfully working.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhakar:

I have a action created in webdynpro and maped to a button in webdynpro. So when I press the button in wd the action is called successfully.

My problem is I have a button in interactive form, but I do not know how to link the method available in webdynpro to the button in interactive form.

Can you provide me steps / screenshots.

thanks

vijai

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure, but enter a name in the template source field of your IAF UI element and double click on this. Next use context node for entering the name and it will 'jump' to transaction for editing layout. In here ALD is used. Hope this helps and works just fine for you.

Edited by: Micky Oestreich on May 14, 2008 7:26 AM