cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classpath and "ghost" libraries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I just did a fresh install of J2EE and NWDS stack 13. Before doing so, I deinstalled all previous versions.

Now, when I rebuild a Web Dynpro project that has always worked, I get the task messages: "The project was not built due to classpath errors (incomplete or involved in cycle)" and "Missing required library: 'C:SAP_J2EEngine6.20/cluster/server/additional-Lib/activation.jar'". Dozens of similar missing library messages also show up.

Stangely enough, a 'Deploy new archive and Run' on the application works just fine. Also, I can deploy the new archive to my local EP 6.0 portal and it works fine.

The above directory "SAP_J2EEngine6.20" no longer exists, of course, so it's no surprise that it cannot find it.

What puzzles me is why it is looking for it. I had previously set up a Linked Resource in NWDS but even after removing it, there was no difference.

Another interesting tidbit; my Windows XP CLASSPATH environment variables (both system and process) = ".;"

I've looked all through the project properties for references to explicitly included additional libraries and found none that match the culprits.

I've even created a new Web Dynpro project from scratch and it gets the same messages. (and works anyway)

Any ideas about how to get rid of these messages would be welcome.

Thanks for your help,

Ken Henderson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anything suspicious in vm.paramters? You can find this file in the the sap\jdt\eclipse directory....

You could also use Window's search to search the j2ee tree for any references to that particular path. Perhaps seraching for 'J2EEngine6.20' would give you some hits?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

vm.parameters seems to contain values pertaining only to virtual memory settings.

I searched everything under the usr tree for a filename or content that included "Engine6.20" and found nothing. I then searched under the eclipse tree and found nothing.

Thanks for your ideas; I'm still listening.

Ken