cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field catalogue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are all fields shown in field catalogue not showing in the selection screen while creating a table for access sequence? How I make all fields to show up and choose from ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I had understand you ? u mean to say when you define pricing catalog that field is not their you can define that your own file in OV24.

If more information require plz wright

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks everyone, one final questions, when i create a table, what number range should i use? (is it from 501 to 999?) and it is asking to create a object directory entry with input for package name, can anyone explain the importance of this, and is this something which shud be provided to me or can i just create it?thanks.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi uma

As it is user created , use from the number range 501 - 999.

Now it asks for the object bcoz and not for the package is , object can be used anywhere.But if you give package if i am not wrong , it will restrict that table to that package only . But i think it should not be a problem while saving . you can proceed

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting an error while creating access sequence using the new table, saying field assignment has not been made. Not sure what to do, is it because the release status was checked while creating the table? what does this mean? can i delete the table and create a new one? how can i delete? or can i create a new one with deleting?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

this time i just created table as local object. before as said, i created it under SD package? what is the difference...how can i delete the previous table? do i have to delete it, nways i am using sandbox?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi uma

Generally you get a warning message that field assignment is not made when you select the accesses and click on feilds. Pls check the configuration you have done once again. As i suppose you created a new field .

If you want to delete the condition table then 1st of all you must delete in from the access sequence. Then go to condition table (change mode ) and then delete that condition table from the menu path system will ask to delete or not . You can click on yes. That condition table will get deleted

Again you can cerate with the same condition table which you have deleted .

Say you have cerated condition table 501, and in the above said procedure if you have deleted , again you can create condition table with 501.

But you can delete the key combination at the time of creation of condition table. But at the time of change mode you cant delete

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sri nath. It worked.

This time when i created the table again, it directly asked me to be created in the object package, though i wanted to create it as local object. Do i have to wait for sometime before i create the same table again?

what is the diff b/w creating table local or package?

Also, while creating condition record, do i have to maintain copy controls for conditions? what does it do?

Thanks much!

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi uma

If you assign package then , you click on save button but if you dont assign the package you can click on local object

If you click on local object it wont get transported. Where as if you assign package and save it , it will be transported to another server

Regards

Srianth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The field catalog is a structure (KOMG) that consists of two tables (KOMK and KOMP). These tables contain the header and item data for pricing respectively. They are called KOM “x” because they are

communications structures used to communicate the transaction data with the pricing procedure.

Table KOMG contains the fields of tables KOMK and KOMP.

If you require a field that is not in KOMG, it means that it is not in KOMK or KOMP. This means that the field you require cannot be used in pricing because there is no communication of this field from the transaction to the pricing procedure via the communication structures.

To use a field not defined in the field catalog, you need to add this field to the KOMK or KOMP structures, and then write the ABAP code to transfer the data in the field from the transaction tables to the communication structure.

Follow these steps:

1. Create the field in the KOMK (header data) and KOMP (item data) tables using the standard includes provided for this requirement.

2. Write the code in the user exit to read the transaction data and transfer it to the KOM “x” structures.

• Please reward points for good answers as this would help increase the total donation that SAP will make to the United Nations World Food Programme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u all for reply!

I am seeing the field in both KOMG and KOMK, but not in KOMP becos it is a header level field. I am also seeing field in field catalouge in IMG, but while creating a table to drag the field, I am unable to see all the fields and there is no scroll to scroll down all the way. what shud I do? Is the field there? Is it just usability issue?

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In condition table creation view, Just press page down button, it will take you to the second screen.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

For any field to appear in field catalog and the list of allowed fields in the creation of condition tables, the field should be available in three pricing structures namely KOMG, KOMK and KOMP

So,

Check whether your field is available in all these structures in SE12. If not ask the technical guy to include this by APPENDING the structure. Once that is done, it will be seen in the list of allowed fields.

That is not sufficient. You also should write a logic to update the fields in these structures

You have to do it in the user exit USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP in the include MV45AFZZ or the user exit USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMK depending on teh nature of the field.

For ex if your field is say VBAK-XSTAR, then you have write teh code as

MOVE VBAK-XSTAR to KOMK-XSTAR

Hope this helps you

You can reward if this helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Can you me a little details on the field catalog that you would like to know because every module also have access sequence.

Thank you.

kah fei