cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in pricing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our system there is major pricing change. To incorporate these changes i have to do changes in pricing procedure. but if i will do that it is affecting old open document at different stage. i also tried by creating a new pricing procedure but when i replaced new procedure in determination. it also affect the

old documents. Is there any method to overcome this problem except creating a new document type for new procedure.

anupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you change the pricing procedure now, it will affect the old docuemtns, if it is going for a change or redetermine the price...etc. I don't think you can prevent this from happening.

Prase

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear anupam,

Your requirement is without changing pricing proc , you need to change the pricing values,

Assuming that you have common pricing calculation method , that is , for new scenerio , go to alt calc method routine and write the calculation farmula's and capture in the same pricing condition.

These all should be written comparing the initiation date , means , from when u want this calculation method should work.

If so, old documents will get old pricing calculation and new doc will have new pricing calculation.

saravanan

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am sorry that my message is posted multiple times due to my network problems.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

If you change the pricing procedure now, there are going to be some differences in the existing documents. So the following implication analysis and remedial steps need to be taken.

1. For the already invoiced orders, what shoudl be done? (Ideally we need not do anything as the orders or invoices wont get repriced automatically. Hence these sales orders and invoices can be left as such.

2. Open orders : They are the ones which will be badly hit. So you have to inform the client the sales document numbers which will be affected if you move the changes to production system. You should also mention that these orders will be repriced so that they follow the new procedure. If the open orders should nto follow the new procedure, then you dont have any other way than to invoice all the open orders and ensure that there is no open order when the changed pricing procedure is moving to production system.

Also run a series of tests in development and acceptance system to clearly know the kind of implications.

In our project, I have changed the pricing procedure many numebr of times of course after considering the implications and repricing the open orders. So any changes if necessary needs to be made to the pp and moved across. This doesnt warrant creating a new pp.

Hope this helps you

You can reward if it helps.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

If you change the pricing procedure now, there are going to be some differences in the existing documents. So the following implication analysis and remedial steps need to be taken.

1. For the already invoiced orders, what shoudl be done? (Ideally we need not do anything as the orders or invoices wont get repriced automatically. Hence these sales orders and invoices can be left as such.

2. Open orders : They are the ones which will be badly hit. So you have to inform the client the sales document numbers which will be affected if you move the changes to production system. You should also mention that these orders will be repriced so that they follow the new procedure. If the open orders should nto follow the new procedure, then you dont have any other way than to invoice all the open orders and ensure that there is no open order when the changed pricing procedure is moving to production system.

Also run a series of tests in development and acceptance system to clearly know the kind of implications.

In our project, I have changed the pricing procedure many numebr of times of course after considering the implications and repricing the open orders. So any changes if necessary needs to be made to the pp and moved across. This doesnt warrant creating a new pp.

Hope this helps you

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Hope this helps you

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Hope this helps you