cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMTS conversion on R/3 4.5B w Oracle 8.1.7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're in the midst of a project for R/3 upgrade from release 4.5B (Oracle 8.1.7.4) to ERP 6.0 (Oracle 10.2.0.2) As part of the upgrade project, we also wish to perform DMTS to LMTS conversion.

DEV/QAS upgrades will be performed on new hardware after system copy from current (old) hardware. We plan to perform the DMTS to LMTS

conversion on current source release 4.5B with Oracle 8.1.7.4 by exporting the database from current (old) hardware, installing R/3 4.5B

& Oracle 8i (LMTS) on new hardware followed by importing the database dump created earlier on old hardware.

We've reviewed SAP note 662900 (Using LMTS in R/3 releases 3.1I-4.6B) which mentions enhancing the SDB2FORA report in two forms before R/3 4.5B can be used with LMTS. With reference to above background, I've the following queries:

1. It is not clear if SAP note 659487 is also to be applied in 4.5B?

2. Where are the corrections mentioned in SAP notes 662900 & 659487 need to be applied - in DEV/QAS system on current (old) hardware before database export or on new hardware after database import?

3. Since the standard setting for new tablespaces created in Oracle 8.1.7.4 is Dictionary managed, how to changed that setting to locally managed before the tablespaces get created before data import?

4. Since DEV/QAS are planned to use LMTS for nearly 6-8 months before suitable opportunity for performing LMTS conversion for PRD comes up;

is there any impact on the system or getting SAP support in such a situation where some system of the landscape are on DTMS and some on LMTS?

5. What is the impact of enhancing report SDB2FORA as per SAP notes 662900 & 659487 but not converting to DMTS? Does it create any new issue on such a system where the report is changed for LMTS operation but database is still using DMTS?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

hi,

too many questions, lets see if I can help

> 1. It is not clear if SAP note 659487 is also to be applied in 4.5B?

Yes, in the valid releases for this note it is indicated 45B

> 2. Where are the corrections mentioned in SAP notes 662900 & 659487 need to be applied - in DEV/QAS system on current (old) hardware before database export or on new hardware after database import?

The notes can be applied before or after, it does not matter.

> 3. Since the standard setting for new tablespaces created in Oracle 8.1.7.4 is Dictionary managed, how to changed that setting to locally managed before the tablespaces get created before data import?

I think note 549883 (Create locally managed Tablespaces with r3setup) will answer this one.

> 4. Since DEV/QAS are planned to use LMTS for nearly 6-8 months before suitable opportunity for performing LMTS conversion for PRD comes up;

> is there any impact on the system or getting SAP support in such a situation where some system of the landscape are on DTMS and some on LMTS?

No, I do not see any issue (keeping in mind that you are on old SAP/oracle versions)

> 5. What is the impact of enhancing report SDB2FORA as per SAP notes 662900 & 659487 but not converting to DMTS? Does it create any new issue on such a system where the report is changed for LMTS operation but database is still using DMTS?

None, the notes add a new check to avoid a dump when the tablespace is LMTS.

If it is DMTS then the situation is as before