cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison Between Internal and External Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I think many of you have years of experience in SAP industry and know more internal rules such as career. Now I have a confusion about the difference between internal and external consultants. As I have been an ABAPer for more than 1 year in an external SAP consulting corporation, but I still have no idea on which one has the better future,internal or external?Would you please give me some suggestions? Thaks very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From my point of view Internal consultant is like an emplyee of a company working in its IT department being part of the SAP team

External consultant will be hired by Client to implement and support the SAP system

Internal position will be a permenant employment and external will be project specific then we have to move on to another projects as placed by their employers or it he is a independent then have to look for projects. Most likely this will be a travelling job.

Please let me know if you have any specific question.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Thanks very much for your helpful and detailed explanations.And I still have a question regarding the career of SAP practitioners. As a fresh man in this industry,I hope you could give me some suggestions on my creer, whether I had better stay in an external service corporation to learn more SAP knowledge or alternatively go to an internal one to get stability. So what's your opinion?

(And I also wanna know which one could make me learn more,as I graduated last June)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you really want to learn, you can learn any where...either being external or internal consultant...however, being Internal consultant would give you edge as usually the employer would track your new learnings.

Apart from that you can attend the trainings conducted by them

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I know, working in external service company provides more opportunities to learn and accumulate various industry experience,and also the higher pressure making you diving into working and resulting in larger progress.

Of course,It is my own opinion, maybe it is not absolutely true

Expecting your profound views

Former Member
0 Kudos

If one is a self learner....as long as the drive/fire is there...it does not bother much whether u r a external or internal consultant....

Rgds

Rajendra

Answers (0)