cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net Consumption of SAP Web Services in Batch Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a .net application that consumes a web service provided by an SAP BAPI. Currently I am requesting material inventory from SAP through the web service, but I am only able to return the inventory of one item at a time. Is there any way I can run this in any type of batch mode that will allow me to send multpile items (and multiple plants), and retrieve the inventory for all items at one time?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deji,

Most of the inbound BAPIs can be used to send one item at a time. In .Net, you can use a loop send consecutive records,

For getting the details from SAP, yes BAPIs are available, which returns multiple data/rows at a time. try searching with Get_Details or GET_LIST or something similar to this.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I appreciate your response to my question. I am aware that I can simply loop in .net, however this is exactly what I am trying to avoid because this involves sending data to the web services several times. Perofrmance would be increased if I could sned all the data once, and then have SAP do the looping and send the data back. Could I simply create a BAPI that excepts many items and then calls the original material availability BAPI for each item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deji,

Definitely performance would be an issue in this case.

Yes, you create a Function Module in ABAP which can accept multiple records at a time and can intern call the required BAPI multiple times. This would take the overhead for performance.

regards,

Piyush