cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information about SAP GUI 6.4 and 7.1 compatibility with .NET 2, 3 and JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to finalize our strategy for upgrades of SAP GUI and want to know whether installing new versions of JAVA runtime, .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 will have impact on SAP GUI 6.4 or SAP GUI 7.1. I went through the SAP notes etc but could not find anything related to .NET or JAVA runtime though I did find information regarding Microsoft Office 2007 compatibility etc.

Thanks for reading.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishna. All hardware and software requirement you can read in Note 26417 - SAP GUI Resources: Hardware and software. As you can read the SAPGUI himself no have requirement to JAVA runtime and NET. framework.

But the components like BI addon needs to NET. framework -->

Note 877774 - Pre-requisite for BI 7.0 Frontend

Note 1013139 - Pre-requisite for BI 7.x Frontend

About Office 2007 read this notes :

Note 947334 - New features in SAP GUI for Windows 7.10

Note 1067844 - Support of MS Office 2007 from SAP Office Integration (DOI)

Note 1147660 - OFFI: Limitation with SAP Office Integration and Office 2007

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

The question I actually have is not whether SAP GUI "requires" .NET or JAVA, but will installation of new JAVA version or .NET 2.0 or 3.0 version screw up the working of SAP GUI ?

Also vice versa, will installation of SAP GUI screw up the working of .NET or JAVA runtime?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishna. I'm administrate many PC-s in our company, and also is different PC's are with different versions

of .NET and JAVA (the majority absolutely without JAVA). I do not see any screw up the working. I'ts only my supervision. For an establishment of true , open Customer Message under http:
service.sap.com\message

Regards.

Answers (0)