cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing SP13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i try to install SP13 on an win2003 server over a SP9 installation. I fail during insatllation of webas java in the sapinst tool, at phase 14 of 22 (update configuration).

This is what i see in the sapinst window:

ERROR 2005-11-30 12:25:30

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

CJS-20011 J2EE Engine configuration error. DIAGNOSIS: Error when configuring J2EE Engine. See output of logfile C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ADA/batchconfig.log: 'ChangeInstancePropsTask has finished successfully on ID64289

ElementInfoTask has finished successfully on ID6428900

null

'.

This i can see in sapinst.log:

WARNING 2005-11-30 12:25:30

Execution of the command "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10/bin/java.exe '-classpath' './sharedlib/launcher.jar;.' 'com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart' 'com.sap.engine.configtool.batch.BatchConfig' './lib;./sharedlib' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ADA/updateViaConfigTool.xml'" finished with return code 31415. Output:

ChangeInstancePropsTask has finished successfully on ID64289

null

CJS-20011 J2EE Engine configuration error. DIAGNOSIS: Error when configuring J2EE Engine. See output of logfile C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ADA/batchconfig.log: 'ChangeInstancePropsTask has finished successfully on ID64289

null

'.

null

'.

Has somebody an idea whats happening here ?

Thanks & regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harpreet,

this is in batchconfig.log:

ChangeInstancePropsTask has finished successfully on ID64289

null

thank you - regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

This error message and the solution is described in note 667064. It is for iSeries but the solution can be applied on any platform.

Kind Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vyara,

thank you for your answer. I'm not sure, if i understood it right. According to the mentioned note, i have to edit keydb.xml and replace [ERROR] by [OK]. But there is no String ERROR in this file (c:\program files\sapinst_instdir\keydb.xml).

And i'm patching from SP9 not from SP3. But the errormessage is exactly the same as in that note. To you have any further ideas, how to find a solution for that problem ?

Thank you and best Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I found out that the same problem was solved by starting sapinst with the following option: sapinst SAPINST_SKIP_ERRORSTEP=true.

You can give it a try.

Kind Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vyara,

thank you very much. This solved my problem.

Also thanks to everyone who were willing to help.

Best Regards,

Peter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"See output of logfile C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ADA/batchconfig.log"

Please provide the output from this file

Regards

Harpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the anwser, but it did not find anything relevant in it.

Reagards,

Peter

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check note 848950 (851251 if on Unix)?

Eddy