cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using XI with native netweaver JMS provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured an XI interface to use the provided netweaver JMS service provider.

The interface takes and IDoc and posts it to the JMS queue, however, when the target application goes to retrieve the message off of the queue, it is in the format of a binary message.

My question is how do I control the format of the message? (I need to set the MessageType field in the JMS header to type TextMessage).

Do I do this in the Integration Builder, communication channel page?

I notice that this page has check boxs for "Set Additional JMS parameters or Replace Default Settings" and "Use Adapter-Specific message Attributes" is this where I would add the property?

Any info would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been attempting to set the JMS header field "JMSType" by using the Adapter specific message attributes, with a JMSType of TextMessage. However, the message that gets put on the queue always has a JMSType of "null". I have also tried to modify the module configuration table on the "Modules" tab of the JMS communication channel. I used a module key of "exit' a parameter name of "JMSMessageType" and a parameter value of "Text".

Does anyone have any experience with setting the JMSType field using XI?

0 Kudos

Hi,

This Blog from Michal will help you in setting the Adapter specific Message attributes - this speaks about File based scenario but it will help you to get a hang of how to set the Adapter specific Message attributes

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

After reading the blog go through this :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/03612cdecc6e76e10000000a422035/content.htm

and on this page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/2d6189f0e27a4894ad517961762db7/content.htm

Hope this helps,

Karthik