cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update (All Mapped Fields) Import Action creates a new record.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am on MDM 5.5 sp6,and this weird thing happens everytime i run the "update all mapped fields" option in the import manager,it creates a new duplicate field with the updated value record.Is this a bug in sp6 or I guess i am going wrong somewhere.I want to update a particular field in the qualified table and i am using a import file which has values for qualified field on the main table and the values for the qualified table itself.

Any Help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Configuration options and set the property Default Qualified Update = Update.

This will surely solve your issue.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried "Default Qualified update = update",it did not work out.But good thing is it did not create a duplicate record as it was doing before.But i am still not seeing my change on a particular field on qualified table.

I am indeed having a unique field as matching field.But how do i add the qualified also to my matching field.i am seeing only unique field to select as the matching field now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try setting one more property in the Configuration Options Default matching qualifiers=none and check whether it serves your purpose or not.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,it did not solve the issue...

I saw in the import manager reference guide as follows "which qualifiers you specify as matching

qualifiers affects the resulting set of qualified links" .How do i select qualifiers as matching qualifiers?I think this might help out this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try one more thing set the property Default qualifier update = Replace in the Configuration Options and refresh the Data Manager screen.Its working fine.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing just that,i guess it is working now...But is it how we need to do?Don't it should be Default update = update. ???Thanks for your inputs..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Select one unique field and the qualifier field on which you have modifications as matching field.

Select these fields as individual(Not combination) in matching field.

You can find match type as conflict for the records you have modified ,select the import action update

all mapped fields and skip the remaining import actions.Go to the import status tab and import it.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

I am on MDM 5.5 sp6,and this weird thing happens everytime i run the "update all mapped fields" option in the import manager,it creates a new duplicate field with the updated value record.Is this a bug in sp6 or I guess i am going wrong somewhere.I want to update a particular field in the qualified table and i am using a import file which has values for qualified field on the main table and the values for the qualified table itself.

MDM should not behave in this way. I thing there is an issue with the Matching Field you have choosen.

I think you have choosen all the FIeld as the Matching Field ( Tab) while IMporting.

Hence any change in any value, creates another dupliacte record( which we do not want)

Please select any Field with unique values ( like the Material ID, Customer ID etc) which will ensure that the particular records are updated with the new Values coming in.

You will find the new value getting updated for the records which are already present. It will not create a duplicate record

Hope it helps.

*Please reward points if helpful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain