cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Thru TRx codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I have created a particular authorization setwith PFCG on client 000

2.I have assigned this to the system user.

I now want to transport this to the QAS 000

I dont have an access to the OS level. How Can I do it with TCds like Se01/09 scc1 etc ..or any other ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In PFCG transaction itself you can transport the Role. You can see a Truck icon at below the Role Maintenance title. You have to write the name of the role you want to transport in the text box, then press the truck button, rest you can figure out.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Even if we hit the truck on PFCG, its released..fine but in the QAS 000 client how do I import it ? thats preceisely my question? scc1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once you created the request release it from DEV. Login into QA system, that too precisely, any client would do. Goto STMS, go into the import queue of the QA system. Refresh the queue. Then goto bottom you will find the request you just released then again press the truck buttong at the top, and in the client enter 000, and import it. You are done.

Follow link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b4a3c57acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to add it manually..Before that why i need a transport number...All the roles authorizatons are Configuarable items identified by a transport number.

Now I went to STMS, extras--. add --> i gave the DEVKnumber but it ends with error code 247 !! add to buffer DEVK has problems with data or co-files !

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where have you saved your Data and cofiles, also see if the request is already there in import queue or not.

This error comes when Data and cofiles are not saved in the transport directory of the target system.

Rahul

Edited by: Rahul Deo on May 13, 2008 4:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its goes this way,

1. On PFCG i hit the truck

2. I create the Cust request

3. Give this numbe rin

4.And then done !

A.I now log on the target client. ( QAS-000)

B.The requat is NOT there--after refresh too.

c. Goes to Extras . other Requests>Add--> Transport Request Number

Now it ends with an error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You forgot the fundamental, rule of change requests -- " to release them".

Now go back to DEV system, login to client 000, goto SE01, enter the request number, click display, open the request, there you will find one task attached to request, select the the task number, and press F9. Once it is released select the request, press F9 again.

Once it is done wait for few seconds.

Then goto QA system and do as previous , goto transaction STMS, refresh the queue, you will find the request, if you donot find it, add it manually.

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume you dont have TMS configured for 000, so just export the role from DEV to your desktop and import it on your QA system via PFCG... you'll have to reassign and regenerate the role.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

Initial TMS configuration, has to be done throught client 000 itself, rather it will be system based.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done that ...downloading uploading ..generation .for earlier ones..when the route was absent from Sand box to another...

but here betweeen 000- the transport number is important which we will not get unless it goes thru TMS , right ?

else what are the options ..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You transport it through PFCG, you will have to create a request for that. Automatically it will take you to SE01. If you have already setup a TMS between your systems, you won't face problem in transporting the roles.

Follow the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6d/7c8cfd410ea040aadf92e1f78107a4/content.htm

Hope this resolves your query.

Rahul

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Even tho TMS is configures in client 000 been usally DEV the domain controller... transports are client specific and usually transport routes do not contemplate client 000.

George,

I don't uderstand why you want to create a transport for 000... (and this is just me been thick)... the other alternative is to release a transport an move it manually (move data and cofile to target system) the just added to the STMS queue via Extras -> Add

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul.

1.I have hit the truck,

2.I have created the request

3. Transported it.

Now I need to go the Target client ( 000- QAS ) and import it. Right? thats what I am lookign for..

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure, if your TMS is configured for this kind of scenario