cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between LZ & OR order types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please clear my doubt,We can create order for a particular line item and give scheduled in the schedules tab of the Sales order OR.and can do delivery on the respective dates.

The same functionality can be performed in LZ.We can crete schedules in scheduling agreement also.

Can any one please say me the reason behind using 2 different order types OR & LZ.Where both performing same work

Any difference there between 2 order types.

Thanks,

Manam.Narayana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Though both do the same functionality, if you create a scheduling agreements with different delivery schedules/delivery dates and delivery quantities, automatically those will come into delivery due list based on the schedules.

Instead if you want to go for OR, you have to create number of Orders with different requested delivery dates for all the schedules.

So one of the advantage is you can use one scheduling agreements in the place of many ORDERS.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri nath,

That is my understanding of the concept and would like to get clarification for some points.,

There is a material with 100 quantity.

An order is created for 40 quantity

Now the ATP quantity will be 60 only and not 100. In MD04-requirements list, you can see that 40 quantity against your sales order(provided it is individual requirements).

I would like to know whether the above points are correct or not.

Please clarify...

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..Guys..

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

That is my understanding of the concept and would like to get clarification for some points.,

There is a material with 100 quantity.

An order is created for 40 quantity

Now the ATP quantity will be 60 only and not 100. In MD04-requirements list, you can see that 40 quantity against your sales order(provided it is individual requirements).

I would like to know whether the above points are correct or not.

Please clarify...

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Here we are in the same though reserved and confirmed are the same i suppose.In the second case you said that when there is stock for 60 goods and raise order for 80 the system will give 2 confirmed dates.

But i couldnt understand the difference between confirm and reserved.We can anyway reconfirm the sales order to any other customer as u said.

But we feel that reserved means the material is confirmed for that particular order..Is that true....?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi narayana

There is a slight difference in confirm and reserve

Confirming means you are confirming the stock to that customer but you are not reserving

Where as reserving the stock gets reserved to that customer (Ex: scheduling agreements)

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,Guys..

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The system always reserves the stock against that sales order if the TOR is activated.

While creating the sales order the system proposes the delivery dates and confirmed quantities by doing availability check(backward and forward scheduling). It reserves the stock only if you save the order.

You can view the stock reservation in the requiremnts list(MD04) against your sales order, if your requirements is Individual requirements.

The stock will be reserved even for OR and cheduling agreements.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

My take:

Sales orders are usually a one time deal. Multiple deliveries for a sales order are due to lack of availablity. E.g. You buy a computer bundle. The seller ships the computer immediately but might ship certain accessories at a later date when available.

Scheduling agreements are used when goods are required periodically. Scheduling agreements are like a standing order to supply a specified quantity of goods on certain dates (or schedules) Eg. Your stationery supplier sends you notepads and postit notes every month.

Your observation is correct that sales orders and scheduling agreements behave similarly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Keerthi...Any explanations welcome please.

Thanks,

Manam.Narayana

Edited by: manam narayana on May 14, 2008 10:10 AM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi manam narayana

LZ is the doc type used for scheduling agreements

itemcategory is LZN

Now for the scheduling agreements you cant create sales order as the delivery dates and the quantities are reserved

so on the delivery dates you have maintained in the scheduling agreements on those dates the stock will be sent to customer

OR is the standard doc type

standard Item category is TAN

it has order delivery and billing

here the stocks are not reserved as it is an unrestricted use stock

Hope this information will be helpful

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on May 15, 2008 12:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Matrials are not reserved for a Standard sales order OR.Is it true.When we creat a sales order for a particular material the material gets resevrved and passes through availablity check based on the schedule lines CP.If availablity check option & TOR is checked.

I feel stocks are reserved for OR based on schedule line CP.

For ex = If we raise a sales order for X material for 10 stock and the material is having 20 Unrestricted stock.

Then sales order reserves the material X for 10 to that order and when we create another sales order we can raise for 10 only.If we create it for 11 or more..System automatically goes in to Avaialablity check screen.

Please give me explanation if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Manam.narayana

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi narayana

I hope you are confused. As you said for sales order with doc type OR material is not reserved . But for scheduling agreements you create delivery dates and on those delivery dates you give some quantity. that stock will be reserved

For example

you do VA31 and give following delivery dates in VA31 ,

delivery dates qty

19-05-2008 50

24-05-2008 25

29 -05-2008 30

All these 105pcs qty will get reserved provided stock is there .

But in VA01

If you give the quantity , delivery date is given by the system but material wont get reserved

Hope it clarifies you

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

I agree with what you said.But if you give the delivery dates manually in the sales order and if the stock exits and system gives comfirmed date.Then the stock gets reserved for that order i suppose.

Am i wrong.Please correct me if i am.I analysed the system and it is working same.

When i have 100 goods and create a sales order for 40 goods,then for the next order it should be for 60 goods .If i give more than 60 goods suppose (80) system automatically enters in to availablity check screen and gives later date for the goods more than 60 the remaining (20).

Thanks,

Sree.Manam

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi narayana

I strongly disagree what our friend sankar said , that stock getting reserved in the normal sales order

Let me clarify , in normal sales order, stock wont get reserved at all to any customer even though , availability check and TOR is on .

In your example, if 100qty is there and the 1st sales order is 40qty then the stock will get confirmed it wont get reserved . even though you save order. So as the stock is confirmed availability check and TOR doesn't take place and you do delivery PGI and billing

Where as in the 2nd sales order if you are doing sales order for 80qty and only 60qty is available then TOR will take place. and that sales order will be open Even here also this 60qty stock wont get reserved .You can allocate to another customer

Hope this clarifies you

Regards

Srinath