cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter error alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I configured alerting in SP14 and is able to get alerts from both IE and AE errors.

But now the problem is that the container variables are not getting replaced with values

e.g. :

< SXMS_MSG_GUID not found> Adapter Type is < SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE not found> Adapter Error Text is < SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT not found>

I did the alerting setup at SP12 and everything was working perfectly (IE alerts were coming properly). After the SP14 patching AE alerts were also generated. But now both AE and IE alerts are having the above problem of variable replacement.

Any similar experience/idea on this?

Thanks in Advance,

Kannan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kannan,

I got error alerts from adapter engine post-SP14 and i got the variables also populated correctly. I got the adapter type - File(for example)...

Pls check the variable definition.

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Renjith. Atleast I now know the whole thing works!

The monitoring setup was done at SP12 and was working perfectly for IE errors. Now in SP14 even IE errors are not working.

But since you said it is working for you, I must have made a mistake. Did you do anything extra from documented way of alerting setup? did you apply any notes?

Thanks,

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not apply any notes specifically...but i had all the latest patches applied for different components....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith, Did you do the alert setup at SPS14 or at a lower SPS?

Thanks,

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

I had alerts with variables working on SP13. The adapter errors were not working.

The SP14 was applied and i checked whether adapter errors would be raised and it was working fine and it had variables in it as i said in my earlier mail( there were some other issues though ).

However, I couldnot check any of the earlier alert settings as i moved to a new assignment.

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

SAP Note Number: 876546

XI 3.0 Runtime Workbench: Missing alerts - fixed one of the issues in terms of triggerting the alert.

However, for certain alerts, we are not getting the variables to be populated. We are looking at note

SAP Note Number: 902022

XI30 Alertrule insensitive to Receiver Interface.

But i'm not sure that will fix the issue. At other customer XI implementations with SP 11 and 12, we did not have this issue. So it's probably just an issue with SP14. I will update this post when we have the fix from SAP.

Regards,

Jay

SAP XI Consultant

Licensed To Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

I am configuring the Alert configuration. We are at SP14.

I have applied the note 913858 and the related notes in that note. Some how no alerts are triggered. I have seen that you had some problems before. Can you please guide me how to resolve the issues with SP14?

Thanks

Kalyan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure you have the Correct Alert Server maintained. Mostly it is NONE if the Alert Server is running on the same intance as your XI serrver.

Make sure , the background user id responsible for triggering alerts has all arights.

If still no success raise an OSS. We faced the same issue and raised an OSS and these were the problerms in our configuration.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

What do you mean by background user? I have done the configuration. Can you help me locating the background user? I have all the rights to perform the config for alerts.

I have opened an OSS message. But I think most of you corrected the problems we had, so wanted a quicker solution.

Many thanks for your help,

Kalyan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am not sure , but your Alerts are triggered by some Service User ID... Justr check the same with your BASIS team.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

This could be due to an error in the Business Object Repository when the value of a container variable exceeds 255 characters. Please implement the correction described in note #947738.

Regards,

Abhy

andreas_scherf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

We had very similar problems - applying SP15 helped a lot! Now Alerting looks quite fine and runtime variables are again included (in ALERT inbox AND mail).

Also there is a fresh note concerning ALERTING troubles: "913858".

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adapter Engine - system errors - do they raise alerts in SP 12 or not? Because we are in SP 12 and Adapter Engine errors doesnt raise alerts...Please confirm...Also, if we configure CCMS, it should raise adapter errors right??? in SP12 also???

Former Member
0 Kudos

After SP14, we had the same problem. This is what worked for us.

Apply at least patch 8 for SP14 of the adapterframework core.

Ensure that your kernel has a patch level greater than 80.

Implement note 835031 (!).

I do not know if all the steps are required, but we did it like this and after implementing the note it is ok.

Now we receive alerts like this:

Error MAPPING.EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE (MAPPING) in the interface MIO_Equipment_SAP of service DV1