cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRT usage and recording the wear and tear of it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have some production tools which are very costly and i can use them for many projects ( I mean for many production

orders). I want to record them in system and i wish to track to which production order it is used and which is not used.

I heard that we can create the PRT as an equipment in plant maintenance and use them to record the usuage of it.

But please suggest me how to handle them like that in detail . the issue and usuage should also be recorded.

please explain me the process to use it in system.

regards

madan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer.it is very useful. but i want to know how it is issued to the order. In which transaction.any movement type to be used and return from order any movement type to be used. please suggest in detail.

regards

madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use 261 GI to order and 262 for reversal. If material is serial trackable (i.e. - Equipment master created with material serial number) system will ask for serial number.

Hope this helps-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply. my issue is how to issue the mateiral and return the material back to the stores in the system .

because always we issue to different projects and return them back after usuage.

please suggest

regards

madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

these are three options which I can think of

1) If you are issuing to project order/production order then you can issue equipment PRT to order and receive back. You can track PRT issued to order and check/maintain capacity as well.

2) Create another Sloc for PRT issued and Issue to Sloc='Out' when you are issuing out to Project. When you receive back receive back from Sloc.

3) another options is to create functional location structure (IL01) if you have multiple lines / sites where PRT can be used. In this case you can move PRT around lines/site with functional location change for equipment.

Hope this helps-

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your reply. i am in need of recording the issue and return of the PRT after usuage. how it can be addressed in SAP.

It means PRT tool is in stores and it can be issued who ever requires and return it back to stores when he completes his job. how to monitor this.

please suggest

regards

madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create counters/measurement point for PRT tool and record usage at time of issuing and receiving PRT. That can give you usage history as well as Preventive maintenance WO (If you have created maintenance plans for that equipment)

Hope this helps-

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Refer the following [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/fe/67f9609d6f11d189b60000e829fbbd/frameset.htm] and select Performance-based Completion Confirmations from Production

you can find the usage by checking the counter for the PRT equipment ,once the counter has reached the specified one in maintenance plan then you can have calibrate or check it again using maintenance order and put it to service

regards

thyagarajan