cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup for Internet Gateway Lunix Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using 4.6C and trying to create RFC connection for mail gateway... I have XI 3.0 and R/3 DEV, QA, PR. all of them are running UNIX OS and I download thease files from service.sap.com/swdc

1. mlsomadm, mlunxsnd, mlsomail and copy in unix directory /usr/sap/SID/exe

and same procedure i follow others systems....

BUT... we are running Sulation Manager 4, different server... that is running under LUNIX REDhead 2.6.9

I copied these 3 files from others system in LUNIX box and tried to execute the command ./mlsomadm sap_eamil_gateway.cfg

its getting some binnary error... so I thing these files are only for UNIX base not for LINUX base...

My question is how to download or found thase files

Note: when i tried to TEST connection (it failed)

Thanks again your time...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That SolMan is on NW 7x*, isn't it? would you setup a process like sendmail manually in a NW > 610?? i don't think so ...

have you checked [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/EN/cc/bae93a2876a81ae10000000a11402f/frameset.htm] on the how-to for SMTP-mails with NetWeaver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OIC, I am sorry i didn't tell you the back story... anyway!!! summary is that

For example you are running XI 3.0 (Exchange Infrastructure) and trying to setup for Mail Gateway SAPconnect

If you mail to some one using tr: So01 or SOST I am talking about internal mail (SAPconnect)

as you know that we have to configure SCOT and INT nodes such as I create Nodes (IMAIL)

when you create INT nodes you need RFC connection

when you create RFC connection you need specific path to define mail file from unix structure

such as I create RFC using SM59 under TCP/IP connection and name of RFC connection SIMG_MLUNXSND

when you configure RFC connection you need to define program which is running in directory structure

/usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run/mlunxsnd

You not only define this program you have to configure 2 others mail files including mlunxsnd file as well

Other 2 files are mlsomadm, mlsomail

and you writedown small shell scrip in Unix to configure that file like mlsomadm.sh and execute it...

NOW!!! my question is that I done that all procedure follow thease thing in DV,QA,PR in R/3 and XI as well working fine done...becuase I download and unpack thease files from service.sap.com/swdc

Now i am going to configure samething in Sulation Manager and copied thease files in Lunix box but it give me an error binnary error, noting explain much detial just like that...

so I thing its only becuase thease files are UNIX base not LUNIX base... now come back to my question...

how do i found out thease files for LUNIX base....

I belived you pretty much cleared now!!!

again thanks and appricated your time....

Travis

Former Member
0 Kudos

there must be a misunderstanding between you and me - with an SMTP setup you don't need a gateway (mlunxsnd) any longer - that's why i wrote about NW > 610 ... please read [note 101573|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1kZSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=101573] to get an impression what i am talking about ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, there

I got Notes 101573 which is provided information NW 6.10 the internet mail gateway is triggered by the new solution via the SAPconnect SMTP interface...

Ok, let see, when I see my system status and check Compnenet Version in my send box it shows:

R/3 Release 4.6C

when I apply SCOT under INT has 2 connection / nodes

SMTP

IMAIL

I went SMTP and double click on it it shows the following information

Node: SMTP

Description: SMTP Mail Gateway

RFC Destination: SIMG_MLUNXSND

Hours/Mint: 5

Nodes in use (checked)

ect. ect....

as per note maintion SMTP does not need anymore RFC conenction so why is there ? if i am tyring to remove and save getting a messages: you have to define RFC connection

Why is so confousing.... I mail to SAP they said read doc.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Ok, let see, when I see my system status and check Compnenet Version in my send box it shows:

> R/3 Release 4.6C

> when I apply SCOT under INT has 2 connection / nodes

>

> SMTP

> IMAIL

>

> I went SMTP and double click on it it shows the following information

>

> Node: SMTP

> Description: SMTP Mail Gateway

> RFC Destination: SIMG_MLUNXSND

> Hours/Mint: 5

> Nodes in use (checked)

> ect. ect....

>

> as per note maintion SMTP does not need anymore RFC conenction so why is there ? if i am tyring to remove and save getting a messages: you have to define RFC connection

>

in different releases you will see different things. the setup you described there in SCOT, node SMTP may be different from the one you will see when you login to your SolMan Linux box and call SCOT there. what you have mentioned above seems to be the setup of SMTP in 4.6C - i really could not say - i do not have such a system available, so i cannot help you there - maybe someone else??

try to solve the problem by logging in to your 4.6C system and the SolMan in parallel and compare the steps in the documentation between the systems - i'm sorry i can't help but as i said - i have no 4.6C available.