cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with transports not working when they are Scheduled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having a very strange issue with scheduling transports...

This has started occuring after we upgraded from 4.6C to ECC 6.0

Basically, if I use the option "At Start Time" my transports don't ever run. If I execute the transport immeditly it runs properly.

First the background job TMS_XXXXXXXXXXTMS_TP_IMPORT finishes successfully. When I goto the transport monitor the status is "tp running" and it is stuck on the first step of the transport (i.e. MOVE NAMETABS). When I check the tables TRBAT and TRJOB I find entries in these tables for the transport. Now, if I remove all the entries in the tables and delete the entry in TP monitor I can manually schedule the transport and it goes fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could try and look to find why this is occuring.

Appreciate the assistance...

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

This can happen when there is a hung tp process already running on the server. Have you looked at the process list to see if more than one tp is running?

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

It could also happens if you have schedulled that run preodically in shorter time such has running that job every 5 or 10 mins, may bring that problem.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tips...

There is no other copy of TP running, as I said I can cancel the transport and set it to immedite and the transport will execute successfully.

The backup job itself successfully sechdules the transport... just that the transport never runs if it is done via a backup job.

Still not sure why this is occuring.