cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade APO 3.0 to SCM 5.0 SR2 (requirements in source system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!:

We want to do and upgrade upgrade APO 3.0 to SCM 5.0 SR2

And we have seen the Guides SCM5.0 SR2 and SCM5.0 SR3, but appears info in the page 26 only about check the software requirements from APO 3.0 to SR3, but we want to check the information about APO3.0 to SR2.

Regards,

Alfredo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure of SR Level. I think the Option of enabling Unicode is Optional in APO (but strongly recommended) if you are going to keep R3 as Unicode.

The Process of converting to Unicode is a Basis Process.

Our SCM 5.0 System does not show the SR Level. However it is Not a Unicode System (i.e : not turned on).

The following are some of the important component versions ...

We are on SCM 5 SP 8 & Planning to upgrade soon to SP 13 soon ... I don't think Unicode is needed to be done.

SAP_BASIS 700 0011 SAPKB70011

SAP_ABA 700 0011 SAPKA70011

ST-PI 2005_1_700 0006 SAPKITLQI6

PI_BASIS 2006_1_700 0000 -

Plug-In (PI_BASIS) 2004_1_640

SAP_BW 700 0012 SAPKW70012

SAP_AP 700 0008 SAPKNA7008

LCAPPS 2005_700 0004 SAPKIBHD04

LCAPPS 2005_700 : Add-On Installation

SCM 500 0008 SAPKY50008

SCM_BASIS 500 0008 SAPK-50008

BI_CONT 703 0005 SAPKIBIIP5

Hope this helps.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check

Direct APO 3.0 to SCM 5.0 is possible in phase wise... Hardware upgrade, Live Cache upgrade and then Application upgrade..

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if you use the SCM5.0 SR3 or SCM5.1 is only in unicode, so i've to take the SR2 if i want no unicode........

Otherwise in SAP there is only the soft DVD's for SR3 so i've to request the BOM to SAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Alfredo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additionally ...

I remember newer Functionality in Demand Planning around

- Significant Improvements in Process and Performance of Backup of Planning areas to Infoproviders

- Significant Improvements in 'Realignment' Process.

- Sales BOMs, Characteristic based Planning.

Several functionalities in TPVS & GATP also underwent improvements (I am not the best expert of these).

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...and

..if we don't want unicode we have to upgraded to SCM 5.0 SR2, because SR3 is only in unicode....

Regards,

Alfredo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alfredo,

This is not a easy question, since you are several releases behind on APO. I have done upgrade from APO 3.0 to SCM 4.1 and then subsequently to 5.0 so there were lots of learnings specific to the Projects and develoments. The Setup being different in different industries and companies, there is no one answer to this question. Try the following ...

- Read the Release Notes of SCM 3.1, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0. You will see a Host of New Functionalities - Newer in SNP, PPDS, TPVS, Master Data (PDS along with PPMs).

I do not know what functionality you are live with in APO 3.0.

On the Existing Setup that you may find changed, I remember the following big changes ...

- GUI Changes are galore in master data, less

- SNP Side - Changes in TLB Engine & TLB Prioritization.

- Deployment Split Functionality

- Changes in User Exits (old code would not work). You will find this painfull if you've implemented User Exits. eg : If you were determining OrderTypes in orders sent from APO to R3. TLB User Exits. Lesser changes in Masterdata userexits.

- Newer fields in Master Data (eg : SNP Checking Horizon in Product Master and it's implications on Deployment & TLB. ).

- Subcontracting Planning in APO.

- Enhancements in VMI.

- Use of Parallel Processing for all Modules planning.

- Enhancements in Aggregated Planning

- Enhancements in Product Interchangeability.

- Several Newer Functionalities like ICH to make/replace the earlier Collaborative Planning better.

- Master Data several changes (eg : PDS)

- Several improvements in CoreInterface Function and Que Issues. In 4.0 onwards there is new functionality around CIF Postprocessing

- Use of Process Chains to streamline Batch Jobs and especially BI Loads into Cubes and Planning Areas.

- Several enhancements in PPDS (newer heuristics), Alerts

- BW underwent a Major change from BW 2.0 to BW 3.0 to now BI 7.0 which impacts Setup for Demand Planning. eg : The InfoCube got renamed to InfoProviders.

I suggest you start with the Release Notes. Form a List of your Test Scenarios, then Upgrade in your Development and start to Test. Don't plan less, but more time for testing since you are undergoing a several releases change. First start to get your Existing Business Scenarios documented as Test Scripts in Order.

I STRONGLY recommend doing a Technical Upgrade Only (i.e : do not upgrade Major Functionality unless there is no other way). In Summary for SURE SCM 5.0 is a Much better and Stable System than APO 3.0.

Hope this helps. Reward Points If you find it usefull.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur