Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a few questions regarding the ChaRM functionality:

1) Is it possible to add several approval steps (with email notification) before authorizing a change request?

2) Is it possible to add several approval steps (with email notification) before importing to QA / PRD ?

3) Is it possible to add transport requests (created as part of the change request) to a specific maintenance cycle or implementation project?

4) Is it possible to transport single transport requests that are assigned to an implementation project (and maintenance cycle) manually without changing the maintenance cycle status?

Thank you very much for any answer!

Of course I will reward points.

Best regards,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

3) Is it possible to add transport requests (created as part of the change request) to a specific maintenance cycle or implementation project?

--> When Requests for Change are approved, Solution Manager can automatically create the necessary Change Documents. These Change Documents should be created with reference to a maintenance cycle or other project and this can be specified by eithter the combination of the chosen Subject (Normal/Urgent) and the ibase component, or in case of an administrative change by entering it manually.

4) Is it possible to transport single transport requests that are assigned to an implementation project (and maintenance cycle) manually without changing the maintenance cycle status?

--> As far as I know, transport requests assigned to a project cannot be unassigned. Although perhaps it is possible to create ToC's instead?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your helpful answers!

As for question 3):

I have been informed that also for an Implementation Project in the Solution Manager you can also assign a "Project Cycle" (this is the analogon of the "Maintenance Cycles" that are assigned to Maintenance Projects) and assign Change Requests to it.

My (updated) question now is:

If I create 3 different Implementation Projects that are assigned to a Project Cycle each: Can I choose now, to which of the 3 Project Cycles my Change Request should be assigned?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Is it possible to add several approval steps (with email notification) before authorizing a change request?

--> Yes, it is. You will have to generate own statuses and actions via TA SPPFCADM. Choose CRM_ORDER and the profile you want to modify. SAP recommends that you copy the standard profiles into Z/Y-namespace before changing them.

E-Mail Notification see Note 691303.

SAP also recommends to copy existing statuses and modify them because of dependencies in the background that are not obvious at first glance (you have to forbid deploying tickets and stuff).

2) Is it possible to add several approval steps (with email notification) before importing to QA / PRD ?

--> Same thing.

--> That I did not understand, technically.

--> Therefore there are "Urgent Corrections". Or did I misunderstand this?