Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of external capacity with R/3 Release 4.6C SAPKB46C50

ferenc_gulyassy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are using R/3 4.6c with SAPKB46C50. We want to use external capacity, but Note 751659 says, that we need a higer Patchlevel to get button APO-Resource in R/3-capacity. Could we use external capacity without using the functionality of button APO-Resource?

Thanks and best regards

Ferenc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 'External Capacity' button helps in filling up the Time Continuous Capacity in APO ... ONLY IF you have defined Capacity Shift Intervals in R3.

I've not known any Patch to bring that Button in 4.6c.

That's all I know. You can ask SAP by raising an OSS.

Ambrish Mathur

ferenc_gulyassy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We turned the usage of external resources in CFC9 to X 'External Capacitiy Set for Each Resource', but in APO, there is no capacity availability, the time-cont. capacity in the Resource is empty. We even tried to set the usage of external capacity in CFC9 to A 'External Capacity for All Resources', but that didn´t worked out either.

From my point of view, R/3 4.6c will only send the available capacity to APO, if we set the external capacity in R/3 to external capacity, but because of the patchlevel, there is no button APO Resource and that is why we are not able to set the external capacity in R/3. But how could we verify, that there is no possibility to use external capacity with the mentioned patchlevel?

Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Ferenc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this PushButton in R/3 Workcenter used to be not there in 4.6c release. But there is a way around ..

Can you check if CFC9 in R/3 allows you to bring Resource Capacitites as 'Externally' in 4.6c system ? I do not have one now, so I could not check. In this setting probably set your Resources to come to APO as 'Single' resources and have the 'External Capacity' flag set.

Set the Capacity Category 'MACHINE' in your Workcenters in R/3 as 'Not Relevant for Multiple Operations' to ensure it cannot be used Simulataneously. This makes it come to APO as a 'Single' resource. For the Capacity Category 'LABOUR' set the Flag in R3 - Relevant or Multiple Operations at same time & it comes to APO as a MULTI resource.

Hope this helps. Reward points if it does.

Regards,

Ambrish