cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting DataType/Messages from a BAPI wsdl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My target is to construct minimal required data type in PI from a standard BAPI. We want to have message types created with only the fields that we are going to map to the actual BAPI. I have the sales order create BAPI in ECC. I have imported this into PI and then generated a WSDL for it. Now imported this WSDL as external definition in PI. I am able to see the input and out put strucutures as messages. But I am not able to edit them though.

Do you guys know how can I extract only the fields I want from this BAPI wsdl? Does Altoval XML Spy help? I am researching on it but thought, somebody might have already done it and might help..

Thanks,

VJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You can achieve this by using the WSDL editor. Check the following link for more details.

http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.wst.wsdl.ui.doc.user/tasks/tedtwsdl.html

so first we need to edit the WSDL(I mean deleting the nodes or attributes which are not needed for you) in WSDL editor and upload it into the external definitions.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijaya.

I could do this by using XML Spy. What I was trying to find is, to extract the data types involved in the input/output message types so that I can delete the unnecessary filelds from the input and output messages.

WSDL editors lets you add or delete things at operations/messages level.

Any more ideas?

VJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We want to have message types created with only the fields that we are going to map to the actual BAPI.

Why do you have such a requirement? Even if u use the complete structure, u may send some particular fields in the sender payload and the scenario will run without any problem. Only the sent fields are mapped by default.

Regards,

Prateek

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Pratheek. This is a proxy scenario. We would not want the proxy to be created with all the loads of data that BAPI takes. We are actually using only 10% of the whole BAPI input fields. Thanks for the suggestion though.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos