cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Mail Gateway Mlsomadm Lunix Ver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking mlsomadm (mail gateway) lunix version. basically our Sulation Manager is running in Lunix how we found that file in Lunix Ver. I tried to find that file in marketplace.... but I couldn't found out

Please any one have idea

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you running a 4.6x based system?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES, NW 2004s

please help me

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> YES, NW 2004s

NW2004s is NOT 4.6x based but Netweaver is a 7.0 system.

That program is not needed any more, you can do the complete configuration using transaction SCOT.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using 4.6C and trying to create RFC connection for mail gateway... I have XI 3.0 and R/3 DEV, QA, PR. all of them are running UNIX OS and I download thease files from service.sap.com/swdc

1. mlsomadm, mlunxsnd, mlsomail and copy in unix directory /usr/sap/SID/exe

and same procedure i follow others systems....

BUT... we are running Sulation Manager 4, different server... that is running under LUNIX REDhead 2.6.9

I copied these 3 files from others system in LUNIX box and tried to execute the command ./mlsomadm sap_eamil_gateway.cfg

its getting some binnary error... so I thing these files are only for UNIX base not for LINUX base...

My question is how to download or found thase files

Note: when i tried to TEST connection (it failed)

Thanks again your time...

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> BUT... we are running Sulation Manager 4, different server... that is running under LUNIX REDhead 2.6.9

> I copied these 3 files from others system in LUNIX box and tried to execute the command ./mlsomadm sap_eamil_gateway.cfg

> its getting some binnary error... so I thing these files are only for UNIX base not for LINUX base...

What "binary error"? What distribution are you running? What did you download?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

OIC, I am sorry i didn't tell you the back story... anyway!!! summary is that

For example you are running XI 3.0 (Exchange Infrastructure) and trying to setup for Mail Gateway SAPconnect

If you mail to some one using tr: So01 or SOST I am talking about internal mail (SAPconnect)

as you know that we have to configure SCOT and INT nodes such as I create Nodes (IMAIL)

when you create INT nodes you need RFC connection

when you create RFC connection you need specific path to define mail file from unix structure

such as I create RFC using SM59 under TCP/IP connection and name of RFC connection SIMG_MLUNXSND

when you configure RFC connection you need to define program which is running in directory structure

/usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run/mlunxsnd

You not only define this program you have to configure 2 others mail files including mlunxsnd file as well

Other 2 files are mlsomadm, mlsomail

and you writedown small shell scrip in Unix to configure that file like mlsomadm.sh and execute it...

NOW!!! my question is that I done that all procedure follow thease thing in DV,QA,PR in R/3 and XI as well working fine done...becuase I download and unpack thease files from service.sap.com/swdc

Now i am going to configure samething in Sulation Manager and copied thease files in Lunix box but it give me an error binnary error, noting explain much detial just like that...

so I thing its only becuase thease files are UNIX base not LUNIX base... now come back to my question...

how do i found out thease files for LUNIX base....

I belived you pretty much cleared now!!!

again thanks and appricated your time....

Travis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can download them for 4.6c if you have an extended maintenance contract only - 4.6c is out of official maintenance thus you might not "find" them because you're not permitted to have them....

Do you have such a contract and is your user assigned to that one?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear mtravisawan Awan,

i do not think that it is polite to place the same question in various forums - you are occupying the time of several people and - like in this case - you get nearly the same answers.

markus clearly states that this is a setup for 4.6* - and i cannot believe you have a SolMan running on a platform < NW 610.

@markus: here's the other one:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bit of a misunderstanding...

Seems he is trying to install a Mail Gateway in Solution Manager the same way he has it working in his other systems which are 4.6C. Even though the old method using those files will still work in newer systems you would still need the correct binaries.

Since you can't find the correct binaries or do not have access to them then you have no other course of action but to go with the "new" method of sending mail which is described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/c7/92e93ac678601be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Nelis