Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Everyone

We are working wit MAM 25 SR5 SP21.

We do have the following parameters set on the MobileEngine.config file:

MobileEngine.Sync.RepetitiveSyncEnabled=true

MobileEngine.Sync.MaximumNumberOfRepetitiveSyncs=10

MobileEngine.Sync.TimeBetweenRepetitiveSyncs=1000

We do use this parameters for both PDA and Laptops.

On PDA we sync only once and we get the synchronization process successfully complete. (First time and second time, third time, .......... and always)

BUT on portatil we do have to try the sync process many times. I t is not constant. Firs time of sync process the data comes ok with only once sync process. But after frist synchronization process, when we need to sync again we have to try the sync process more than once some times I have tried 8 times in order to get new data.

I have change the maximumNumberOfRepetitiveSync to 50 and to 100 but I got error.

Can anyone tell me how can I set the right parameters in order to get a complete synchronization process ? The best option would be if I can have only one set parameter for both PDA and Portatil.

Thank you very much

Xiomara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xiomara,

if I read this - do you have the same MEREPMETA.XML file in PDA and Laptop? We know there is a different MAM version for Laptop and for PDA available. You can run the PDA version on Laptop as well - so while it is working on the PDA as you said, could you please check if it makes a difference in the sync, if the PDA version is used on the Laptop?

From your findings I would expect, that even you set the repetitive sync to a very high number, it does only run one time. Set the trace level on the PDA to all and check the log file after the sync You can see how often the Laptop syncs after you pressed the button. I think it will tell you it runs only one time.... This means either the SyncBOs on the Laptop are not set to Synchronous, or you have a simple misstiping of the repetitive parmeters on the Lapop.

Please check, if both things are correct we can look a little deeper into the issue - but I would expect that one of these two things causes your problem.

But anyway: going Larisses way will cure the problem from the other side - cause the data is prepared already in theoutbound queue and with the next sync the data coes down to the device. Only problem: you need to run the distributor before you sync and this will not solve the first issue in my understanding of the process.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Larissa, Thank you for your idea. I will use merep_Distributor program but also I would like to fix the problem because I am missing the reasson of the problem.

Oliver, yes we are usgin the same MEREPMETA.XML file for both PDA and laptop. Both PDA and Laptop are wotking with SP21.

I have a parameters file that I always copy on the mobileEngine config file So, the mistake typing is supposed to be on both PDA an Laptop. Eventhough I did type again the set parameters on a new laptop installation and I got the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

#Hi Xiomara,

this is really strange! Have you checked the log file on the PDA after switching log level to ALL? There you can see how often MI really syncs.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Larissa

Merep_distributor is a transaction ?

I think is merep_mon and activate Distributor.

Yesterday I did try around 10 times and I could not execute the sync process. Later on I saw I had o-waiting and some Errors too (Merep_mon).

I think there is some configuration to set in order to get the sync process at least after we tried two times.

Any other ideas ???

Thank you

Xiomara

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xiomara,

First, I am sorry for a wrong word, merep_distributor is a program, not transaction. So go to se38 to execute it.

The purpose of this prograa is to 'simulate' device sync, MI then processes this request and fills device outbound qeues, when device really syncs, all data is waiting already and sync time is much faster.

In a production environment you can schedule running this program for all user at night time after work was dispatched, so when technicians sync in the morning - data is waiting for them.

It can also be run on request.

You can find more information on

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e1/8e51341a06084de10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

serach for merep_distributor.

As for your errors in merep_mon - what are the errrors? What data does come to the device, and what does not? DB schema is quite complicated in MAM, so I need more details to give you ideas where to check.

Regards,

Larissa

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xiomara,

there is no way to garantee "one sync" to get all data to the mobile device.

MI synchronisation process is asynchronous. It means that data exchange requires two sessions: first device sends data request, when it is received, MI processes it and puts data in device outbound containers, then device connects again and gets data from those filled containers.

When you configure "repetitive" sync you just create an illusion that data exchange happens in one session. In the backeground though process described above happens.

No matter how many sessions you configure for repetitive sync ther is no way to garantee that it will be enough to get a full data up/download.

And it can't be consistent between different devices, there are two many variable is sync process: how fast is data exchange between device and MI, how powerfull is device itself, how fast MI can access backend at the moment of data request processing, etc., etc.

To make sync faster and have a better chance that amount of sessions configured in repetitve sync will be enough to sync "one time" you can use merep_distributor transaction, then data will be already waiting users in their outbound containers when they sync.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova