cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception file during auto import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I know from experts here what type of file is generated when a record level exception is generated?

I know that there is an XML report but are those erroneous records placed in ValueX or ImportX in Exception folder as XML or excel file?

For instance, I set up ports etc as a part of automatic import. Say out of 1000 records, 10 have bad values. So, obviusly import will go on for remaining 990 but where will these 10 records go and in what format?

Edited by: Devashish Bharti on May 13, 2008 2:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Devashish,

If i understood your question right then,

I think this condition will come under Importing error and once you import records, IM will give a Pop-up with message like "Some of the records....not imported". So IM itself restricts those records on import level and Error log comes with "record no ## have error at this line or some thing different" You can check within Import manager.

As per my knowledge those 10 records records could not go to DM as having some mapping/value or anyother problem.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alok.

But I am talking about Automatic import via MDIS. So, the question is how do I track that there are 10 records failed? I can see from the Reports in MDM Console. But apart from this do we also see any files in Exception folder? If so, what type?

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

according to your scenario you'll see two XML files:

- one more descriptive XML (actually comparable to the log entry) below <Port_Folder>/Exception

- one XML carrying the erroneous records in <Port_Folder>/Exception/ValueX.

You can use Import Manager with the Port option to load the erroneous files. In the port list, you'll see an entry like <My_Port>\[Exception\] that indicates that the port has an exceptional file.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can you tell me does MDM stores exception (occurring while using automation through MDIS ) in any kind of database table (in SQL or Oracle where MDM repository are created)

Exception log stored under log folder is not in user friendly format. If i want to generate report i need to access those xml file & prepare report in user understandable format.

Can you tell me if MDM is storing this data (about how many records are in error how many are passed successfully) in any database table.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Answers (0)