cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a question regarding deactivating a cost center in transaction OKENN.

What happen if I deactivate a valid cost center? What affect does it have on reports from former years, will the deactivated cost center still be displayed with all its data? Will there be any errors or will not all data be displayed?

Thanks in advance,

Anne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of deleting the Cost Centre, deactivate the same.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not want to delete a cost center, my question is, what happens if I deactivate a cost center? What affects does it have on report that show these deactivated cost center, will all data still be shown correctly?

Thanks

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiya,

Neither deactivating nor deleting a Cost Centre will not have any effect on your past data.

When you deactivate, you cannot post any data to it from the time it is deactivated, but the Cost Centre exists in the system.

The earliest you can delete a Cost Centre is from the start of the next fiscal year as per your Fiscal Year Variant. However dependant data will continue to exist in CSSL/COKA, etc., for the current and past years and will not affect reporting.

However unlikely it may be, if you face issues, recreate / activate the Cost Centre at a later date.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The past data will be reflected as usualy till the cost centre is active and from inactivation date, there will not be any data displayed in the respective report.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can be assured that The past data will remain in Tables after Deactivating the Cost Center and there will be no further postings allowed to taht cost center, and will appear in as deactivated status in heirarchy.

Thx,

Paarthu

Answers (0)