cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the DTR for EP 60 SP 2 and ME 2.1 development?

paolotegon
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello,

a very simple question...

Is it possible to use only the Design Time Repository (DTR) as versioning source code management for development done on the SAP EP 6.0 SP 2 and Mobile Engine 2.1?

If yes, what kind of DTR client do I have to use(Eclipse-based Client, Command Line Client)?

For the development, we use Eclipse 2.1. Is there a plug-in for this version of Eclipse? If no, which version of NetWeaver Developer Studio do I have to use?

Best Regards,

Paolo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

I am doubtful about the use of NDS. This is because the libraries available with NDS will be for WAS 6.40 and EP6 SP2 i feel is on WAS 6.20. I am really not sure about this but my main point is that there may be library version conflict issues.

I dont think there is any plugin available for DTR.

But then DTR is a WebDAV based server. Hence any WebDAV client should be able to solve your purpose.

But this is a good thread. Hope others will also provide their suggestions on this.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can use NWDS, but if EP 6.0 SP2 indeed runs on WebAS 6.20, you need to take care of getting the necessary WebAS & EP6 jars yourself. In this case it doesn't matter what version of NWDS you use. (I'd always go for the latest one). Note that you cannot use the full JDI (but that was not your intention anyway) since there are no base SCA's available for WebAS 6.20 as far as I am know.

It's still a very good idea to use a fully integrated development environment with a source control and versioning system.