cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Publisher: select MDM Layout Server??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM,

I'm very new to MDM. I have installed the SAP MDM Publisher in my laptop (as well as all other MDM tools).

Before access to the tool the following panel shows:

Select MDM Layout Server

Windows servers.

Is MDM Layout Server another tool that I have to install before?

Thanks in advance,

Marta.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Besides having the layout server installed and running, you also need to make sure that your repository contains a Families table. You will not be able to connect to Publisher without one.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Besides having the layout server installed and running, you also need to make sure that your repository contains a Families table. You will not be able to connect to Publisher without one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes MDM Publisher needs the Layout Server. But it is not mandatory to install Layout server on your local machine you can use the Layout Server of other machines also in the similar way we can access the other servers like MDM,Import and Syndication Server.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Layout Server is actually just a service that needs to run on a windows machine. It is used as the connection between the Publisher and the MDM repository, and also when utilizing Adobe InDesign with publications from MDM. It can be installed locally on the same machine as the client (Publisher) or on any other machine that both the client and repository can see on the network. When opening an InDesign file created from MDM it will also look for the Layout Server to connect to the MDM repository. By default it will hold the same IP address as was used when publishing the file.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, You are correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I too have faced the same problem.

So that we havo to install Layout server first.

Am I OK?